Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC Softball Tournament

JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
edited June 2016 in Softball
Miami as #2 draws #7 Toledo on Wednesday.

Toledo has won 13 in a row to miraculously make the tournament. Their #1 pitcher, Marla Gooding, has won 11 in a row, and has been MAC pitcher of the week the last two weeks, and just pitched all 21 innings this weekend to win all three games against Ball State. She will be pitcher of the week for the third week in a row, for sure, so Miami will be up against a hot hand.

Comments

• JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Sorry this ended up in football. Posting from a phone.
    redhawk11dave67
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    I assume the tourney is still double elimination
    Yes. Miami plays at 3:30 Wednesday. Win or lose, they play again Thursday.
    Miami wins today 5-2.
    skin66redhawk11dave67
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    edited May 2016
    Play OU today (5/12/16) at 3:30 PM.  Game streamed from MAC website.

The top 4 seeds each won their first round games.
    I watched some of the game yesterday, and it was a quality video stream with a competent announcer, BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CENTERFIELD CAMERA ANGLE.  So, no typical shot from behind the pitcher to see balls and strikes. You know, the angle that is shown in about 80% of any baseball or softball game.

Only in the MAC.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Big win for Miami. Toledo has been on a roll. According to Twitter seems like the weather in Akron is crappy, so games will be delayed starting
    0-0 top of the 6th, Miami pitcher with a no-hitter so far...if only we could score...
    edited May 2016
    Base hit by OU...but, then turned a double play on next batter.

Struck out third batter...10 strikeouts by Miami pitcher.

Heading into top 7th.
    Free Softball
    Heading to 9th
    Heading into top of 14th.

Ohio had bases loaded last inning and didn't score.
    Miami scores 3 runs in the top of the 15th...3-0 Miami
    This game has been insane...our pitcher is on her third straight game right now...2 outs, up 3!
    mrgredhawk
    Miami wins!...3-0.

Play NIU at 3:30 PM.
    15 inning 4 hit shutout for Miami's pitcher, game over. Over 200 pitches for the game, same with OUs pitcher who came into the game in the 3rd inning. I know it's a very different throwing motion, but when is it proper to pull a pitcher from number of pitches?

Regardless, way to go ladies, HUGE win! Rest up for the the rest of the tourney now!
    laxmom
    I don't think pitch count matters at all.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Love this run by the ladies. They are playing gritty ball and Shuey is just flat out having a great season. Keep it up!
    laxmom
    Bluesman said:

Love this run by the ladies. They are playing gritty ball and Shuey is just flat out having a great season. Keep it up!

Not really a run, they are the #2 seed for a reason. They've been great all year in conference
    laxmom
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    We have a damn good softball team.....they play the game the way it is mean to be played. 
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    I'm really glad we have been able to somewhat continue the success we had with Coach Kelly Kovach Schoenly. She was amazing for Miami and it looks like she has continued to have success at Ohio State. I hope Miami is able to eventually do the same thing with the football program.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Big game at 3:30 today vs Northern Illinois!

Win and we are in the championship game!!
    killgas20redhawk11
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Miami currently leads 1-0 in the 4th. Live stream here: http://www.mac-sports.com/watch/?Live=240
    Miami leads 2-0 going into the bottom of the 7th. NIU's last chance!
    edited May 2016
    NIU's first batter scored. Now 2-1 with one out in the 7th.
    NIU down to their last batter. 2 out, runner on first.
    Miami wins 2-1! On to the finals!
    1:00 PM tomorrow!
    Due to rain, morning game did not start until 11:30...Miami's game will start at approx 2:30 PM I'd assume.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

Bluesman said:

Not really a run, they are the #2 seed for a reason. They've been great all year in conference
    My comment wasn't meant as a slight. Anyone who follows me here or on Twitter knows I may be the largest proponent of women's sports on this board. Sincerely, the father of an 11 year old girl who punches through 2 inch boards!
    laxmom