Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

90 Percent of Native Americans Not Offended by "Redskins"

BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
A Washington Post poll released this week showed that 90 percent of Native American are not offended by "Redskins."  Only 9 percent were offended.  Just sayin' . . . 
MacCracken

Comments

• D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    Blackbird said:

A Washington Post poll released this week showed that 90 percent of Native American are not offended by "Redskins."  Only 9 percent were offended.  Just sayin' . . . 

I'm offended that more aren't offended!
    DSnyder15
  • redbear18redbear18 Havighurstite
    I'm sure this thread will be deleted or locked. But, before it does, can we go back to Redskins!
    Blackbird
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    This is just the beginning of Dan Snyder's Super Bowl year!
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    There was another poll that said 65% of Native Americans were offended. I'm willing to bet that neither poll is accurate.
    DSnyder15
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    redhawk11 said:

There was another poll that said 65% of Native Americans were offended. I'm willing to bet that neither poll is accurate.

Given the Post's ideology (the editorial board won't use "Redskins" when referring to the NFL team) it wouldn't seem motivated to skew the results.
    skin66
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    edited May 2016
    I'm not overly PC, but I can see why the nickname would be offensive. That said, I thought our old logo was very respectful.
    D_DayDSnyder15
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Bye bye thread.
    DSnyder15
This discussion has been closed.