Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2016 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Thread

Comments

• elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Harrison provides NFL an affidavit regarding the Al-Jazeera report.  Can the legal hounds on the board tell me what that might/might not do for him?  Or will it really have an effect on the NFL -- which doesn't let facts get in the way of harassing players?
  • EDDIEEDDIE Senior Barfly
    Wow. I didn't see this coming. Leaves a big dent in the offense if he never takes the field.

Click on the depressing link or your liver will convince your spouse that you don't do enough housework.

Safe Link
    Re6H5wk
    Read somewhere that he's had almost constant headaches for months. Hope he gets well soon,but he should retire.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Senior Barfly
    Between Bryant, Bell, Golson, and now Green it's been one great piece of news after the other. Anytime I see a headline with "steelers" in it, I immediately brace for the worst
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Senior Barfly
    I'm curious to see what happens with Green. I think James can be at least as good as Heath was last year. 
    Game 1 in the books. On to the Screaming Kittens...
    Thank you Steelers for salvaging my football weekend. Offense looked sharp
    Large outcome for the Steelers, though I didn't think they looked very sharp for the first half.
    elpalito said:

Large outcome for the Steelers, though I didn't think they looked very sharp for the first half.

Nope...but thats what happens when your 1st stringers don't play much in the pre-season.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited September 2016
    The Steelers just scored 38 points on a team that was pretty decent last year, playing on the road, minus Bell, Wheaton, and Bryant. I am not to upset about this start.
    redhawksnreds
  • The Redskins suck.  The whole NFC East sucks.  Steelers host the Bengals Sunday.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

The Redskins suck.  The whole NFC East sucks.  Steelers host the Bengals Sunday.

Should be a good game. And physical.
  • The Redskins suck.  The whole NFC East sucks.  Steelers host the Bengals Sunday.

You suck. Didn't you just lose to Eastern Illinois???

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!
    Wentz might throw it 70 times today and complete 65.
  • skinsskins Senior Barfly
    Well the Bengals sucked today...witnessed that in person...how did Wentz do, I have in reverse Fantasy to do poorly, which he hasn't.
    Injuries starting to pile up on defense. Eagles taking advantage. Steelers are going to need Ben to have a big day.
    thechuck_2112
    edited September 2016
    Wentz showing no signs of hitting a wall...wow.
    Big Ben is the leading rusher with 7 yards. That's not good.

Wentz is playing well. 150+ and a TD in first half.
    Was thinking Wentz might have a rookie moment...maybe later..so far he has killed me playing well.
    edited September 2016
    Every game, Ed Bouchette throws out a "martavis who?" tweet. Martavis Bryant, Ed. And the Steelers could use him. He makes AB better than Coates does.
    Philly!
    Seems like the Steelers always seem to have a game or two like this each year, although usually it occurs when they are beaten by Oakland or that type of team.

Won today. Eagles embarrassed you.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Steelers were so bad the network switched to a more competitive game.
    More games like this please
  • mollauttmollautt Senior Barfly
    =>You had one last week.
    Ben hurts knee as he was sacked. Limped to the locker room. Doesn't look like he'll be back today. Landry in. I have Antonio Brown in one of my Fantasy leagues. I don't expect much production from him or any Steeler the rest of the game.

Down by one to Miami but hope they can pull out an ugly win.
    edited October 2016
    Reminiscent of the Rams game last year. Steelers desperately need to get to the bye week
    He returned but banged-up Steelers were flat.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

The Redskins suck.  The whole NFC East sucks.  Steelers host the Bengals Sunday.

4-2. Also, the NFC East is the best division in football and no one else comes close. Deal with it.