Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Iowa F'n City

I'm currently laying awake in this hotel cot at the Iowa City Hampton Inn too burnt, too tired, too dehydrated to go back to sleep.

We left our hotel yesterday morning with plans to go downtown to tailgate, but ended up stumbling across the Bahl family tailgate in our hotel parking lot. They put on a first class tailgate, and they are first class people. Their family, much like us, are so excited for where this program is headed. Later we went downtown and ran into 2010 MAC champion JT Swanson who had some great stories for us.

Onto the game: Miami football is back. Our offense put on the most impressive performance I have seen since arriving at Miami in 2006. This wasn't Zac Dysert airing the ball out downfield; this was a balanced attack with sustainable drives. The offensive line played brilliantly, and the best part is we did not wear down as the game went on (due to that depth we keep hearing about). James Gardner isn't so bad either.

Defensively we took a lot bad angles and our Dbacks had a lot of trouble shedding blocks. Our closing speed is not where it needs to be to compete with these guys yet. I was extremely impressed with Iowa's offense and their play calling. Usually when you think Iowa football, you think ground and pound, but yesterday these guys really opened up the playbook and took it to us. They will be tough to stop all year long.

The Iowa fans were very complimentary of the way we played. We got countless remarks about how good our sophomore QB looked. We had a lot of fun with them, especially Bill from Iowa City, who bought us four rounds of drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings.

We need to keep improving and we need to build on this. Too many times we have come out flat after big games. As we left Kinnick yesterday, Alex said something along the lines of, "let's just pound Easten Illinois 42-0." For the amount that this program and this fanbase has suffered in the last 5 years, we are due for a good ass kicking.

Love and Honor
dave67mrgredhawkJiveHawkcwRedhawksMoHawkHawks24WellsGoddess944302profholt82yanksalexmuhawkand 9 others.

Comments

• yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    And I just slept through my flight home and when I did wake up I had a half eaten chicken quesadilla inside a grilled cheese (Iowa's version of the Clinton) laying next to me in bed.

Iowa f'n city, indeed.
    JiveHawkredhawk11
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    You had a Clinton laying next to you in bed?  
  • D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    edited September 2016
    JohnnyMac said:

Was it Hillary or was it Bill???
    AORedHawk33Love_and_Honordave67
  • FormerTownieFormerTownie Summer Orientee
    D_Day said:

JohnnyMac said:

Was it Hillary or was it Bill???
    It was George.
    AORedHawk33
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Nothing but the dawg in him.