Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

All bowl games

1235»

Comments

  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Although disappointing bowl results...other than CMU (correct) each game had a potential for a win...especially ours..still speaks well.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    84 points already a Rose Bowl record.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

    84 points already a Rose Bowl record.

    Yep. And now it's 91.
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    This "meaningless" game in front of 100K people is awfully good.
    redhawk11KoheenRe6H5wkQuinoaburgermuhawk
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Senior Barfly
    And it may end by national signing day.  
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    DevilGrad said:

    And it may end by national signing day.  

    You have somewhere better to be?
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Senior Barfly
    Better, no?  But I do have to go to work tomorrow.  

    I dislike both of these programs, but the game has been highly entertaining.  
  • KoheenKoheen Dodds God
    Do Fowler and Herbstreit really not know that face-guarding isn't a college penalty? 
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Senior Barfly
    That game was delightful, although rooting for SC felt very strange.  
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    DevilGrad said:

    That game was delightful, although rooting for SC felt very strange.  

    I was just rooting for OT to see if both teams could crack 70.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

    0-6 is misleading...pretty sure we were 5-1 or 4-2 ATS!

    Performance in comparison to the spread:

    Toledo -5
    CMU -32.5
    EMU -1
    Ohio -1
    Miami +12.5
    WMU -0.5

    So technically 1-5 against the spread. But 3 of the games were within 1 point of the spread so depending on where the final lines ended up, we might have done a little bit better than that. Realistically speaking, every team except CMU put in a credible performance.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Senior Barfly
    Koheen said:

    Do Fowler and Herbstreit really not know that face-guarding isn't a college penalty? 
    I caught that, too, but I think both were flags without the face guard aspect.

  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

    dave67 said:

    84 points already a Rose Bowl record.

    F
    Yep. And now it's 91.
    And, 101 at the end! Tough routing for either since both are my grad schools.
    Re6H5wk
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Penn State is back! Hope they can string a few Top-15 recruiting seasons in a row and continue the momentum.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    dave67 said:

    84 points already a Rose Bowl record.

    F
    Yep. And now it's 91.
    And, 101 at the end! Tough routing for either since both are my grad schools.
    How many degrees do you have?
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Senior Barfly
    EDDIE said:

    Penn State is back! Hope they can string a few Top-15 recruiting seasons in a row and continue the momentum.

    I was thinking the same last night. Hopefully the injury bug steers clear of the linebackers next year
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    EDDIE said:

    Penn State is back! Hope they can string a few Top-15 recruiting seasons in a row and continue the momentum.

    I can't think of a better institution to root for! Bring back the statue!

    dave67The_SackmanQuinoaburger
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

    dave67 said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    dave67 said:

    84 points already a Rose Bowl record.

    F
    Yep. And now it's 91.
    And, 101 at the end! Tough routing for either since both are my grad schools.
    How many degrees do you have?
    BS from Miami; 1/2 PhD from PSU before the draft; MS from USC. B)
    Re6H5wk
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

    EDDIE said:

    Penn State is back! Hope they can string a few Top-15 recruiting seasons in a row and continue the momentum.

    I can't think of a better institution to root for! Bring back the statue!

    HEALING HEALING HEALING!!! THAT LOSS RE-OPENED THE WOUND THAT WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING HEALED.
    redhawk11Quinoaburger
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    That was a great game, the Rose Bowl. Very poor decision by the PSU QB and/or coaching staff to throw that pass. Should have run the ball and punted. USC had no timeouts left. Make them march the field. But in any event, enjoyable game.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    USC QB is a beast.
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Senior Barfly
    dave67 said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    dave67 said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    dave67 said:

    84 points already a Rose Bowl record.

    F
    Yep. And now it's 91.
    And, 101 at the end! Tough routing for either since both are my grad schools.
    How many degrees do you have?
    BS from Miami; 1/2 PhD from PSU before the draft; MS from USC. B)
    You got a much better set of football grad schools than I did.  
    dave67
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Hey, that last one was pretty decent.
    Re6H5wk
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    Well done, Clemson.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Holy crap. What a game. It's hard to argue that Clemson deserved it based on what they did to Ohio St and then Alabama.

    Yards: Clemson 511, Alabama 376 (68 on one play)
    1st Downs: Clemson 31, Alabama 16
    3rd Down Conversions: Clemson 7/18, Alabama 2/15

    If not for the red zone fumble and the 68 yard touchdown, this game could have been a blowout.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Happiest guy in America is Lane Kiffin. I can imagine him standing in front of a big screen last night with his middle finger raised at Nick Saban!
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    Bluesman said:

    Happiest guy in America is Lane Kiffin. I can imagine him standing in front of a big screen last night with his middle finger raised at Nick Saban!

    i dont understand why. it wasnt their offense that lost the game and plus I would assume he was in line for a bonus.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Well, if you're going to play a f'n 4.5 hour football game, it better f'n finish like that one.
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Senior Barfly
    Your fun fact of the day:  Seventy-eight teams played in FBS bowl games this year.  Only one failed to score.  
    dave67laxmommuhawkProfessor_FateJohnnyMac
  • CycloneAlCycloneAl Dodds God
    O-H
Sign In or Register to comment.