Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

JT Barrett Announces Will Stay @tOSU

mollauttmollautt Senior Barfly
=>JT Barrett announced he is not going early to the NFL.

I would also like to announce that I am not divorcing my wife and marrying Jennifer Anniston.
redbear18Blackbird

Comments

• Redhawks16Redhawks16 Senior Barfly

Ohio State Football announces: "Nah, we're good".

moose
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Barrett got the word that he would not be taken until the 8th round...oh, yeah, there are only 7, duh...
  • KAMUOHIOKAMUOHIO Havighurstite
    Yeah not getting drafted this year or next.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    "100 Miamihawktalkers were asked 'How much of a damn do you give about JT Barrett returning to tosu next season?'"

(Ding) - "Zero, Steve."

"Show me zero!"

(Ding!) #1, and only, answer
    MowchRe6H5wkmrgredhawkredbear18Scalper
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Senior Barfly
    edited January 5
    More evidence that high school QBs should not go to Ohio St. to become NFL QBs.

I expect to see him in the slot next fall.
  • mz343mz343 Havighurstite
    JohnnyMac said:

He's not fast enough. He'll get a tryout and that will be it.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    His regression was one of the bigger surprises of the entire season for me. I honestly thought he was a potential Heisman candidate before the season.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

His regression was one of the bigger surprises of the entire season for me. I honestly thought he was a potential Heisman candidate before the season.

Maybe he thought so too much!
  • redhawksnredsredhawksnreds Off-Campus Slummer
    Last "good" Pro QB from duh Osu was?....

Art Schlichter
  • D_DayD_Day Off-Campus Slummer

Art Schlichter

What are the odds?
    Love_and_Honorgrumpy1skin66dave67Scalper
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

I've never understood that either. Why would any QB or WR go play for Urban Meyer??? Spare me the "to play for Ohio" crap.

Art Schlichter

Mike Tomczak had a decent career but, yes, it's a QB graveyard.
    grumpy1AORedHawk33
  • EDDIEEDDIE Senior Barfly
    Terrelle Pryor's numbers were good (especially his Senior year).

Of course, everybody knew his future in the NFL (if he had one) was at WR or RB...Maybe TE.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Not to be to flippant but why should I give a shit what JT Barrett is going to do? >:) >:)
    redhawksnredsIam4hawksScalper
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Not to be to flippant but why should I give a shit what JT Barrett is going to do? >:) >:)

We want to be the best team in the state next year, right? ;D
  • redhawksnredsredhawksnreds Off-Campus Slummer

Art Schlichter

Art Schlichter

Touche'

• mz343mz343 Havighurstite
    redhawk11 said:

I now wonder how much he benefitted from his supporting cast. HIs freshman year, he had Devin Smith and Philly Brown to throw to, both NFL wide receivers. Last year, he couldn't throw the ball downfield and everyone thought it was their playcalling. Now after this year, maybe he can't do it.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum

JohnnyMac said:

I've never understood that either. Why would any QB or WR go play for Urban Meyer??? Spare me the "to play for Ohio" crap.
    He's produced quality receivers. QBs, the only reason I think you'd go is to compete for a national title in college with the expectation you're doing something else for a living in 4 years. 
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

JohnnyMac said:

He's produced quality receivers. QBs, the only reason I think you'd go is to compete for a national title in college with the expectation you're doing something else for a living in 4 years. 

The curse of Art Schlichter!!

JohnnyMac said:

He's also produced serial killers like Aaron Hernandez, too.
    AORedHawk33
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    I want to preface this by saying I HATE Urban Meyer.
    I can see why recruits at any position would go play for him at Ohio State. He wins national championships. The same reason why I understand players going to Alabama.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum

JohnnyMac said:

Don't forget about racist Riley Cooper.

JohnnyMac said:

But damned if he wasn't great at catching passes!

JohnnyMac said:

muhawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

Don't forget about racist Riley Cooper.
    And the Pouncey Boys! My God, when is enough enough!!!
    Bluesman said:

Scroll up a bit there in this thread Blues, I asked that same question too!
  • HighStreetBluesHighStreetBlues Off-Campus Slummer
    People don't say this enough: In his 15 year head coaching career, Urban Meyer has only had 7 seasons where he had more wins than players arrested.
    Quinoaburgerredhawk11The_Sackmandave67skin66
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Didn't Alex Smith play for Meyer at Utah?
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Senior Barfly
    DICK said:

If he did, Meyer didn't recruit him. Meyer was only at Utah for two years.

DICK said:

He did. Meyer didn't recruit him, but his two collegiate years as a starter (he went 21-1) were Meyer's two years as coach.
    Urban Meyer would be the greatest junior college coach of all time. His players reach maximum potential in 2 years.