Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC Hoops thread

Figured we could use this for all non-Miami related "MACtion."

WMU trying to pull off an upset, up 4 at OU with 12 minutes to go.

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Akron chucking up stupid treys. They're 4-24 but have the lead.
    17-2 Akron run, they lead 53-48 with 7:45 to go. Western has a 7-footer, but he seems kind of clumsy in the few minutes I've been watching (game on CBS Sports btw).
    Zippy prevails. Western 5-14 from the line.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    This Kent v Ohio game is very fast paced. Ohio is pretty impressive. Kaminski really is a nice stretch 4 for them. Campbell really slimmed down.
    BG up a dozen mid 2nd at BSU. This is a surprise, is it not?
    I forget- Is the second best division winner guaranteed the #2 seed, or did they change it so that the second best record overall does?
    Ball St. goes down at home. I don't know why everyone was clamoring for Whitford. He won 21 last year, but overall he's been no better than Cooper.
    AORedHawk33
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited January 8
    Re6H5wk said:

Ball St. goes down at home. I don't know why everyone was clamoring for Whitford. He won 21 last year, but overall he's been no better than Cooper.

;)
    Haha, I know. And I'm not defending Cooper, but I'm just saying Whitford would more than likely not have done any better at MU.

Whitford (3.5 yrs): 40-64 (13-39 MAC) (.385, .250)

Cooper (4.5 years): 56-86 (26-46 MAC) (.394, .361)
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    It's all good.  Ball State has been a dumpster fire for a decade, or longer.  The AD has given James a lot of leeway to do what he needs to do to fix everything that needs to be fixed.  Ball State finds value in basketball and has a large community around to support it.  Myself, I love BSU's gym, the place was build for basketball.

Miami's AD has said he hasn't done anything with basketball except change seats and jack up ticket prices.  $25 for a general admission seat and people getting yelled at for sitting in open seats.  No wonder the walk ups have dropped off to nothing.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum

It's all good.  Ball State has been a dumpster fire for a decade, or longer.  The AD has given James a lot of leeway to do what he needs to do to fix everything that needs to be fixed.  Ball State finds value in basketball and has a large community around to support it.  Myself, I love BSU's gym, the place was build for basketball.

Miami's AD has said he hasn't done anything with basketball except change seats and jack up ticket prices.  $25 for a general admission seat and people getting yelled at for sitting in open seats.  No wonder the walk ups have dropped off to nothing.
    BSU's gym is a good one, I remember going up there when the place was somewhat new, they had Majerus as coach and they had Kidd and the other big guy(McCurdy or something like that).  They were tough and the crowd was fantastic.