Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Congrats to Collin Buchanan!!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

Collin has been invited to the NFL Combine!! combine is for the 300 or so best college football players in the nation. Quite an honor! Hopefully he can join Brandon Brooks as a Miami graduate playing OL in the pros! LOVE AND HONOR!

http://www.miamiredhawks.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011017aaa.html

laxmommuredhawks22dave67

Comments

• fcsofenfcsofen Senior Barfly
    Always nice to see Detroit-area guys do well. Best of luck Collin. You've already made Miami proud.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    He is a massive human being and very nice. Spoke with him after the Ball State game.
  • MiamitexxMiamitexx Dodds God
    Great to see that the sacrifice and commitment he gave to the school and the program gives him this shot.  This is his opportunity to show others what we already know.  Sometimes in life, all you need is a chance and he earned it!  Here is to hoping you have a great couple days in Indy.  Love and Honor. 
    redhawksnredsdave67a26davemuredhawks22
  • skipatrollerskipatroller Off-Campus Slummer
    NFL Combine starts next week!!

• Redhawks16Redhawks16 Senior Barfly
    I've seen Colin projected around the 4th-5th rounds
    One article had him as the 6th or 7th best OT in the draft. Definitely top 10. Great to see. No coincidence the Miami team does better when we have NFL quality OL.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Senior Barfly
    I remember him getting quite a bit of playing time in 2013 when the line was awful, I'm glad he was able to develop as a player and finally taste some success this past season.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Well, if you love him so much, why don't you marry him?

I've wasted so much time on this thing. It is the best.
  • fcsofenfcsofen Senior Barfly
    edited March 5
    Anyone hear or see how Collin has done at the combine? 
    23 reps which honestly isn't great for an OL, 25 inch vertical, 97 inch broad jump. No 40 time, so maybe he didn't run it. Projects as a guard in NFL. 
  • skinsskins Senior Barfly
    edited March 5
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum
    Able to sort combine results here 
    edited March 15
    https://twitter.com/jb_bigdawg?lang=en

Given our DE void was just bouncing at lunch and found this tape of Colin (moving great at Combine) and Trawick (deadlift 625#!) at JT highlights.

Further down Rokeem schooling Dbs and showing his quick feet @ Senior bowl.  Not sure maybe this has been posted, but JT's a good source of player news.

DSnyder15
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Off-Campus Slummer
    So Buchanan is possibly a 4th to 5th round pick. Anyone else looking at possibly catching on as a free agent?

Rokeem Williams?  J.T. Jones?
    edited March 15
    Free Agents in this order:

1) JT
    2) Rokeem
    3) Gearing 

2/3 is tie, IMO, never know...Rok is 6-foot~0.5 and 200# with mid to low 4.4 speed after training, likely get a shot, JT appears to be a lock @ being signed.  I suspect the Bengals, PITT or Browns will at least look at Gearing.