Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

UConn women's basketball

They won their 90th straight game tonight to match their own NCAA record. They did so by beating the #20 team in the country 102-37 (that's not a typo). To break the record they just need to beat SMU on Saturday. Realistically, they only have one more game on their schedule which is a potential loss. That's a home game against #5 South Carolina in February, which would be their 100th straight win.

Comments

• mollauttmollautt Senior Barfly
    =>Amazing they do not even recruit. They just send a letter to the high school players they want informing them of their dorm assignments.
    dave67
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    How do you say: DYNASTY :I
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Best coach, best players and then the fan base followed. If you are the best and feel you are tough enough mentally, why not go to Uconn. Every once in awhile some fine player goes somewhere else even though Gino wants her ( wants to stay or be close to home, doesn't like being criticized, etc) but he now gets mostly who he wants.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum

As someone who follows the womens game, what is amazing is the amount of talent UCONN lost from last year, including 3x player of the year Breanna Stewart. I believe 3 of the top 10 picks in the WNBA draft this year were from UCONN. Geno is an amazing coach with an equally amazing coaching staff.

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    *waits for someone to suggest they could beat our men's team*
    MUHawk84
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

They could not.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

Re6H5wk said:

They could not.
    Haha I know, but that won't necessarily stop the seemingly inevitable question.