Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
edited March 13 in Paid to Play
Might as well start it off with a bang.

Green - Released. Didn't pass physical. Not shocking, but oh...what could have been.

Warren - Released. Didn't pass physical. You knew he was injured when they drafted his replacement.

Bryant - Possible hip injury? Just a rumor at this point. Certainly hope it is not true.

Comments

• grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Green was a tremendous FA screw up by the front office.

Warren did his job well for a long time.  It's not as easy as people think.

If Bryant plays then Jesse James will be fine at TE.  He had 38 catches last year and I see no reason he can't reach 50 with all the WR talent out there.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Grimble may surprise. The weight-loss should help.
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    I don't think James was that bad last year, but I'm sure we will be looking out for camp cuts and roster trim casualties
  • DSnyder15DSnyder15 Wealthy Alum
    I guess there was a reason Cleveland traded up to get the TE they wanted.
    Gary Barnidge, anyone?
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    grumpy1 said:

Gary Barnidge, anyone?

I'd take him on a 1 yr deal
    Bring him to camp and kick the tires.  He'll come cheap.
    Looked sluggish, at times, vs. a game Browns team.

Tuitt injury is the worst part of the game. Hopefully not a season-ending biceps tear injury. They needed him to help beat NE.
    Thank goodness! Week-to week and not season-ending.
    Hard to believe, but Tuitt now "day-to-day." Hopefully, he'll sit out Sunday and give the hand, arm,shoulder (whatever) time to heal.
    Ben was solid, after a mild start. Bryant looked much better than Week 1 and Bell's rust will hopefully be a distant memory.

Watt is as good as advertised, although his injury may slow him for a short period.

Watt out vs. Bears. Tuitt in so D will be ready.
    Bad day in Steeler history. Embarrassed to be a Steelers fan.
    aba222Blackbird
  • You lose to at least one god awful shitty team every season. This is nothing new.
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    Every single team in the North lost today.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum

You lose to at least one god awful shitty team every season. This is nothing new.

It's Tomlin's calling card.

• redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

You lose to at least one god awful shitty team every season. This is nothing new.

Excuse me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I kid.

The_Sackman
    Of course, there was light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Time to focus on the Ravens.
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    EDDIE said:

There was actually just one Steeler who snuck out to the end of the tunnel.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    19goSkins said:

EDDIE said:

There was actually just one Steeler who snuck out to the end of the tunnel.
    I was kind of bothered by that.  Steelers were trying to make a statement by being together as a team.  Then I heard tonight that he apologized because of that.
    Villanueva, as everyone now knows, thought the team was right behind him. Regardless, he's the most popular guy in Pittsburgh right now. Ironically, Ben was sharply criticized for his play on the field, but admired for his statements the day after the game.

Winning at Baltimore would certainly right the ship. The offense needs to start clicking. Hopefully, Bell has had his pre-season and is ready to play more effectively.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Too many 2nd and 10s after a bomb on first down doesn't connect. They need to reign Ben in a little bit because he's basically calling all the plays at the line at this point. He's one of the best, but Peyton he is not.
    Miami - Bad vs. BG.
    Ben - Bad vs. Jacksonville. Down 23-9. Wow.
  • gentbaseball12gentbaseball12 Off-Campus Slummer
    5 picks for Ben today ... woof. Career worst.
  • moosemoose Senior Barfly
    Anybody's division. But Cleveland.
  • With Hogan in a starting quarterback, and I don’t know if that’s going to happen next week or not, Cleveland has a chance.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    edited October 2017
    Cowherd says Ben has been sending a series of messages basically trying to let the powers that be know he's tired of playing for Mike Tomlinson.
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum

5 picks for Ben today ... woof. Career worst.

At least that officially wipes out the '03 Iowa game as the worst of his career.
    JohnnyMac
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Much better today.  We seem to have the Chiefs number.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    DICK said:

Much better today.  We seem to have the Chiefs number.

Being a fan of an Andy Reid team, even with his general success over the years, would drive me bonkers...