Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Going Well

Generally, our recruiting is going well.

Note: No Topic should ever have no threads.
redhawk11Re6H5wk

Comments

• CAredhawk13CAredhawk13 Senior Barfly
    I thought this was a section for starting an army, I'm not in the market for one
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    I do enjoy how it seems like all sports are actively posting on twitter when they are out and about recruiting. I've seen posts from Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, etc
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    Might have something to do with revenue versus non revenue. The revenue coaches have a lot more at stake and have to keep their program out there and visible. If they win here, the payday is enormous.
  • HighStreetBluesHighStreetBlues Senior Barfly
    I heard Patton has an official visit coming up. Would pair nicely with Eisenhower.
    Spanks004
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

I heard Patton has an official visit coming up. Would pair nicely with Eisenhower.

No! Those guys play the same position. We need a player that complements Eisenhower. We should be recruiting MacArthur.
    dave67
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

I do enjoy how it seems like all sports are actively posting on twitter when they are out and about recruiting. I've seen posts from Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, etc

Spanks, you've got more Internet experience than me.  But what I've learned is if you're not actively posting on social media, as a business or a school (in this case recruiting), you might as well not even have an account.  
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum

Spanks004 said:

Spanks, you've got more Internet experience than me.  But what I've learned is if you're not actively posting on social media, as a business or a school (in this case recruiting), you might as well not even have an account.  
    Agreed. My fiance's company has a twitter account, looked it up after Jordan Morris' goal last night (he wears a Dexcom), and they haven't even tweeted once. Their biggest competitor, Medtronic Diabetes tweets often and has a lot of followers
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    I think it's off to view social media as necessary for every brand. For instance, does the company hauling spent uranium and toxic waste to yuca mountain need a social presence. What about the local mortuary. Or the regional hardware store? It's sort of become a bit of a gimmick.

• thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    I now really want depleted nuclear waste companies to have a sassy Twitter presence.
    QuinoaburgerLove_and_Honorredhawk11RudyBash_Riprock
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Don't you all work? How much time do you spend on social media that's not business related? Are your collective noses not on the grindstone? For shame. :E
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    I advise clients on social media behavior so I end up dealing with it more than I like. It's great for some brands: colleges are social. So is beer. A server room isn't no matter how much you read about it on LinkedIn. Yet some brands aren't social at all and should be. The Dali Llama for instance probably isn't posting a ton. Neither is Bea Arthur. But she's dead.
    dave67Bash_Riprock
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    edited July 2017
    I operate 12 websites so although I don't have as much time as I would like, Twitter, FB, and YouTube are active every day. Editing and updating takes up 90% of my time.