Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Brad Adamonis made the cut

RudyRudy Havighurstite
Former MU golfer Brad Adamonis scrambled through Monday qualifying and has now made the weekend cut for a Web.com event in Nashville. This guy can hit it a mile and was on the big tour for a few years. Has had injury problems but is hopefully on the mend. I remember him and a few of the other golfers from my time at Miami running into them in Withrow (they used to hit into nets there in the winter and still finished top 8 in the country at NCAA's, we used to string up a tennis court net) and they were always a good group.

Comments

• RudyRudy Havighurstite
    edited August 2017
    Say, one thing you old guys forgot is, Brad is, by my account, the last pro athlete from the 90's still competing with Miami ties. If you're over 40, this is a big deal. All of us thought we could be pro at some point. Even if it was pure fantasy. Even if you hate golf you need to follow this guy. If you play pro football or basketball, baseball, or hockey, you are typically done by early 30's. Golf is the one pro sport that lets you still be world class after 40. I think this guy is going to win again, he's too good not to. Support this guy.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Bartolo Colon will be pitching in the majors until he dies. No one can convince me otherwise.
    QuinoaburgermrgredhawkDSnyder15
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    Yes, but he's not a Miami guy
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Rudy said:

Not even in the majors. He's been with 11 major league teams, but never the Marlins.
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    I like your moxie. But recall, I said Miami guy as the criteria. If you want to pick old pros regardless of their tie to our school, I will win this. Martina Navratilova won a mixed doubles title at Wimbledon when she was 50.
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    Also, I tried to contribute with my original post. Really, I did.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Rudy said:

Bartolo belongs to all of us.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33Quinoaburger
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    Fair point. Let's put a statue of Bartolo outside the golf locker room and if anyone asks the coach if we have any pros on tour he can disregard my humble thread and instead point to bartolo. Upon further reflection, I think it's the right call.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Then, we'll tear down the statue.
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    I hope you don't play golf for your saucy insolence toward a great red hawk sports alum will surely anger the putting g0ds. No more birdies for you mister.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Thought it was a statue of Bartolo. No insolence here, unless you made him an honary alum, then I would label you insolent.
    Rudythechuck_2112
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    Brad finished at the bottom of the field but it's still great he made the cut. Big step in the right direction back to the big time.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    So the way the Web tour works is that if they finish high enough in the year end atandings, they get a PGA Tour card, right? I hope Brad makes that happen!
  • RudyRudy Havighurstite
    El Chuck, he already did. Won an event on the web tour (then called the nationwide tour in 2008) had a tour card for two years. Lost to Kenny perry in a playoff at the John Deere. Had 5 top ten finishes on the big tour. Guy is best golfer from Miami since Bob Lohr who was a mainstay on the tour for 15 years. Brad has had bad luck with injuries but great thing about golf is you don't have to be 20 to be great.