Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WE WON THE MAC TITLE

I know we don’t cover field hockey as much as we should around here, but YOUR Miami RedHawks clinched the regular season MAC title today with a 4-0 win over CMU.
gentbaseball12D_Dayredhawk11AORedHawk33skin66Love_and_HonorMooreHawkmuhawkMacCrackenbpatand 4 others.

Comments

• JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    GRADUATING CHAMPIONS!
    AORedHawk33
  • Our first MAC title in any sport for 2017!
  • Awesome! Congrats ladies!
  • adyonkaadyonka Wealthy Alum
    Miami also won the MAC field hockey tournament!
    muhawkBash_RiprockLove_and_Honor
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Nice!
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Wonderful
  • We’re going to the NCAA tournament for only the second time in program history! The last was in 2013. Both appearances are under Coach Puzo.
  • Our first MAC title in any sport for 2017!
  • aba222aba222 Off-Campus Slummer
    Congrats!!! MAC player of the year (Junior), coach of the year, and freshman of the year. Their future is bright!
    AORedHawk33
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    This is awesome. Congratulations to all.
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    The thing I like about Puzo's program is that he has recruited internationally to get some great talent and he has also challenged the women by playing a strong out of conference schedule.

I think they played 2 top 5 teams and several other top 20 teams. They even had a victory over one ranked team.

I predict they will be even better in the future.
    Bash_Riprockskin66AORedHawk33DICK
    The NCAA draw is tonight at 10pm. Sounds like we’re probably playing Stanford Wednesday in California
    Play in game against Stanford. If they win, they will play Duke.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Walking around campus and uptown this morning before our bsaketball game I saw two differnt girls with 2017 MAC Champs field Hockey t-shirts.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Stanford beat Lowell 4-3 this year, we lost 2-1 in OT to Lowell but dominated the game. Both Miami and Stanford lost to OSU...those were the only two common opponents. Miami is riding high of late, so we really do have a chance to win this game.

Next year, Miami loses only two seniors, and will be getting one of their best players who had a medical redshirt this year after just the third game or so this year.
    Spanks004 said:

Stanford beat Lowell 4-3 this year, we lost 2-1 in OT to Lowell but dominated the game. Both Miami and Stanford lost to OSU...those were the only two common opponents. Miami is riding high of late, so we really do have a chance to win this game.

Next year, Miami loses only two seniors, and will be getting one of their best players who had a medical redshirt this year after just the third game or so this year.
    Who got the med redshirt? What year is she?

• http://www.miamiredhawks.com/sports/w-fieldh/spec-rel/110617aab.html

Play-in game is November 8th (Wednesday) at 2:00 pm
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Congrats, safe travels, and good luck ladies!
    skin66
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Somehow, when I think of Stanford, I do not associate them with the American East conference, but that is the league they are in!!  Is there internet coverage of this game??
    DICK said:

Somehow, when I think of Stanford, I do not associate them with the American East conference, but that is the league they are in!!  Is there internet coverage of this game??

As Air Force is in America East for hockey.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    aba222 said:

Spanks004 said:

Who got the med redshirt? What year is she?

I believe Heras...Spanish National Team player who started all games the last two seasons.
  • NCAA will only stream the semis and the finals.

It looks like Stanford might stream the game on Facebook Live, though.
  • Stanford goal at 10:29.

Stanford 1 Miami 0

• GOAL!!!

Tied up at 1.

• End of the 1st.  Miami 1 Stanford 1
    redhawk11
  • D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    Miami Wins - 2 to 1 
    MooreHawkdave67Bash_RiprockThe_SackmanRedseaSpanks004QuinoaburgerDICKYager07KumlerUptownWhilrl
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Wonderful
  • Do they have goal horns for field hockey? I feel like it's a missed opportunity if not.
    YAHOO!