Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2020 C Jackson Ames (Miami COMMIT 4.29.19)

NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
Miami offered 2020 C Jackson Ames (6-10 240lb) from Batavia

@jackson_ames1

PROFILES:
Verbal Commits PROFILE:

OFFERS:

MIAMI, Toledo

October 2017 VIDEO:
gentbaseball12laxdaddy

Comments

• NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    edited May 2018
    Per @jackson_ames1 he visited Miami on May 8th

Toledo offers
    was recently in Oxford for the Central Michigan game.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Was a little surprised to read today that he is only third in his own conference in rebounding. White man's disease.
    AORedHawk33agc

Was a little surprised to read today that he is only third in his own conference in rebounding. White man's disease.

?

Ouch. Pretty harsh for a young man who also leads the conference in blocks and is 2nd in the conference in FG%.

Yes. “Only” 3rd in rebounding with 7.2 per game. #1 (division 1 recruit Abba Lawal) has 9.1 rpg and #2 has 7.3 rpg

Jackson has no issue with athleticism. He’s an above the rim player at 6-10
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Nickskin said:

?

Ouch. Pretty harsh for a young man who also leads the conference in blocks and is 2nd in the conference in FG%.

Yes. “Only” 3rd in rebounding with 7.2 per game. #1 (division 1 recruit Abba Lawal) has 9.1 rpg and #2 has 7.3 rpg

Looks like a fine player to me. And we could use the size. 
    edited April 2019
    Commits to Miami

rated the #3 C in Ohio per prehoops.com:

1) 6-9 John Hughley, Brush (#2 overall)
    2) 6-9 Mo Niji, Centerville (#3 overall)
    3) 6-11 Jackson Ames, West Clermont (#24 overall)

Triple Double Prospects Rankings:

1) Zach Loveday 7', Huntington Prep
    2) Mo Niji, Centerville
    3) John Hughley, Brush
    4) Jackson Ames, West Clermont

Spanks004thechuck_2112Bash_Riprock
    VIDEO

1.15.19 Beacon Orthopaedics Primetime Performer HERE.

12.1.18 Coast to Coast Slam HERE

10.31.17 2017 NEP Ohio Fall Showcase HERE

7.5.17 Mixtape HERE

• thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    edited April 2019
    Nickskin said:

?

What happened with Lawal, btw? It looks like he’s still uncommitted for 2019?
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum

What a dumb comment.

redhawk11
    I think this is a great pickup for Miami. As for the rebounding comment someone made, the tallest player is not always the top rebounder, but much of what he does can facilitate someone else getting those boards. 

Welcome aboard Jackson!!
    skin66Bash_RiprockDICK
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    I'm impressed with his passing skills.
    Nickskin said:

Commits to Miami

rated the #3 C in Ohio per prehoops.com:

1) 6-9 John Hughley, Brush (#2 overall)
    2) 6-9 Mo Niji, Centerville (#3 overall)
    3) 6-11 Jackson Ames, West Clermont (#24 overall)

New prephoops rankings came out and although Jackson is still rated as the #24 player overall, he was passed by C Brandon Noel (Chillicothe HS/Wright State commit) and is now rated the #4 C in Ohio)
    edited September 2019
    visited Miami this past weekend.
    papagrande
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    Any good highlights out there...I must admit the one video I found was a bit YMCA old man pickup.

;-)
    Great news! Hopefully more signings to come. Like another big man! 
    edited November 2019
    I like West Clermont's Gym more than Millett!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThepmB_RuKU

Kid is young (17 when he will be a frosh) and a true 7-footer, with Beck, one more year of Brown....could help quite  a bit.

Think we need to find a grad transfer, for one year at minimum.
    I believe we got a verbal awhile back from Luka Eller. Waiting for some word one way or the other on him. He still lists Miami commit on his Twitter page. 6'7" 205 SF. 
    Don't see any hesitancy on Eller's part. Found this in wrapup of a game vs. Mentor last season (before he committed to Miami). Will be fun to follow his senior season!

Eller scored 20 points before he fouled out with five minutes to play. Davidson coach Bob McKillop was in attendance to watch the 6-foot-7 forward, and spoke with him after the game.
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Miami had an official release just on Jackson- so I wonder if something is up with Eller

Last year we had verbal commits from Garcia and Curry that didn't come to fruition

This year we had verbal Barba and then maybe Eller

Wonder why?
  • D_DayD_Day Wealthy Alum
    Maybe the coaches have decided to retain Milos and Precious for 1 more year.
    NickskinDICK
    edited January 6
    Was hoping to find some information about his performance this season, but it's hard to come by. Scored 21 vs. Indian Hill and 7 vs. Kings in recent games. 8 pts. 9 boards vs. St. Xavier.
    edited January 6

if this is correct...only averaging 6 points pg….7 rbs though.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-clermont-wolves-(cincinnati,oh)/basketball/stats.htm

Oh, Jack.

• RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    skins said:

if this is correct...only averaging 6 points pg….7 rbs though.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-clermont-wolves-(cincinnati,oh)/basketball/stats.htm

Oh, Jack.

One game stats I believe...kind of misleading; however, if this lasts an entire season, Miami hasn't recruited well.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    He plays in the ECC. His last game may have been his best.

• RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Size cannot get to Miami soon enough.
    10 pg/ 9rbs /~ 2.5 blks, with his best play likely ahead of him....

Not bad.
    I said during the gamethread last night, I hope Ames can give to us the type of play Matteos gives BG. We are severely lacking in that dept. 
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    edited January 8
    4 points last night...

His team plays at Springboro next week.
    skins