Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Scholarships now fully endowed

Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
Thanks to two generous gifts, the golf team will now be able to fully endow all scholarships!

JiveHawkgentbaseball12redhawk11AORedHawk33Bash_RiprockLove_and_Honorskin66thechuck_2112Scalper

Comments

• Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Nice!
  • I wonder how many scholarships are now endowed?
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum

I wonder how many scholarships are now endowed?

All :)
    redhawk11AORedHawk33
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    I believe he wants to know how many scholarships golf is giving out or are able by rule to give out. If not , the answer to the question is certainly “all”.
    I know...hence my smile
  • How many scholarships are now endowed—6,7,8?
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Golf is a 4.5 limit, 9 players on the roster so maybe .5 for each? Not sure.
    A few are walk ons...doubt they have anything
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    I believe players can be given partial scholarships. So some will get a full ride, others 10%, others nothing.
  • Pretty sure NCAA rules for football and basketball are full rides--no partials. Every other sport can partial them out--room, board, tuition, books as the coach desires.
    Correct. Same with swimming, which has hurt Miami in the past in some smaller sports. We don’t have the money to endow the number of scholarships that other schools can. Now that we max out the golf limit, hopefully can bring in some awesome guys
  • MazMaz Off-Campus Slummer
    How well endowed? Fully.  Fully endowed.
  • Question, if Miami can come up with full rides, not partial rides, for a 9 member golf team, are they allowed to do so, provided those scholarships are all fully endowed? I have a hard time believing that places like Oklahoma State, Stanford, Oregon, and Alabama are running on partial scholarships.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum

Question, if Miami can come up with full rides, not partial rides, for a 9 member golf team, are they allowed to do so, provided those scholarships are all fully endowed? I have a hard time believing that places like Oklahoma State, Stanford, Oregon, and Alabama are running on partial scholarships.

No. Just like basketball can't have more than 13 and football can't have more than 85 on a 110 person roster.