Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets Thread

Seth Jones out 4-6 weeks...off to a great start!

I turned down a free ticket 10 rows off the ice to the Wings opener next Thursday with us because I didn't want to drive to Toilet Town. Carry it!
grumpy1

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Shortly, we remind Little Brother that Canada's Taint still belongs to us unfortunately:

Remember when the Red Wings used to mop the floor with the Blue Jackets? Well, the Jackets have won six in a row in the series and are 16-3-2 in the past 21 games against Detroit.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Fred Sofen reminds me that the Wings are 58-34-1 all-time vs. the BJs.
    Make that 17-3-2. Easy victory.

Panarin will look great with the Winged Wheel on his chest next year.
  • I'm headed up to see them against Buffalo on 10/27.
    The_SackmanProfessor_Fate
  • JohnnyMac said:

Panera Bread isn't a jersey sponsor of the Red Wings

;)
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

If you think Panarin, who is looking for a large market for his wife, will go to one of the bottom cities for fashion, you're crazy.
    JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

If you think Panarin, who is looking for a large market for his wife, will go to one of the bottom cities for fashion, you're crazy.
    You are a complete moron for taking that statement at face value.

• JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

JiveHawk said:

JohnnyMac said:

You are a complete moron for taking that statement at face value.

You right now: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/738025-i-was-only-pretending-to-be-retarded
    Well, I guess one way to get Bob to waive his no trade clause is to make him the back-up. Korpi starts for the third straight game tonight against Toilet Town (hi Fred!).
    Red Wings on a season high one game winning streak!
    The_Sackman

Well, I guess one way to get Bob to waive his no trade clause is to make him the back-up. Korpi starts for the third straight game tonight against Toilet Town (hi Fred!).

How did it end?

JohnnyMac said:

How did it end?

With Blashill driving the tank off a cliff.
    Professor_Fate
  • Really puzzled this year by the Jackets.  I went to the Buffalo game Saturday and they played with high energy and looked like the team I had hoped for.  But losing to the Wings and last week to the Coyotes fairly soundly is extremely disappointing.  I listened to the Carolina game early in the season and there was no energy from the team.  
    Professor_Fate

Really puzzled this year by the Jackets.  I went to the Buffalo game Saturday and they played with high energy and looked like the team I had hoped for.  But losing to the Wings and last week to the Coyotes fairly soundly is extremely disappointing.  I listened to the Carolina game early in the season and there was no energy from the team.  

They appear to have an on/off switch which is a terrible thing to think that you have.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    As long as Bob's switch is perma-set to 'on', should be fine.
    elpalito said:

As long as Bob's switch is perma-set to 'on', should be fine.

Welcome back! Good to see you again. 
    So long as you don't mind my 'Pay Bob' point of view.  lol
    The_Sackman
    elpalito said:

So long as you don't mind my 'Pay Bob' point of view.  lol

I was in the house on Tuesday (won tickets!). They were very good that night. I'd just like for these guys to figure out who they are and what they want to be and fast. Although a win tonight and we're in first somehow so whatever.
    I opted to not attend tonight's game.  I'll hit the second time the CBJ around... tix may be cheaper. 
    The_Sackman
    Metro first place. I like this view. Let's keep it.
    What is that stat... how things look after Thanksgiving is usually how they stay as far as making the playoffs?
    elpalito said:

What is that stat... how things look after Thanksgiving is usually how they stay as far as making the playoffs?

Sounds good to me.
    Finally a little goal support for Bob.  While I think sitting Bjorkstrand for Hannikainen is just stupid, everything seems to be working right now.  Even the special teams.
    elpalito said:

Finally a little goal support for Bob.  While I think sitting Bjorkstrand for Hannikainen is just stupid, everything seems to be working right now.  Even the special teams.

I'm so sick of hearing the pro-Milano crowd. HE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. And Bjorkstrand wasn't doing anything while Beerman has been good since going into the lineup. The idiots at the Cannon seem to think that they know more than the organization which is hilarious. 
    I'm just in the camp of 'if you dress them, play them'  I see no point in having a non-enforcer only get 5 minutes of ice time.

Whatever window existed for Milano was closed as soon as Duclair signed. 

But I do like offensive potential -- I think Bjorkstrand should be in there.  If it has to be some kind of rotation with Sedlak and Beerman, that's fine by me.
    Well, no Wilson for tonight's game.  He and Ovi can't do their patented check sandwich like they did to Wenns.
    elpalito said:

Well, no Wilson for tonight's game.  He and Ovi can't do their patented check sandwich like they did to Wenns.

Way to shit all over the fans again, CBJ.
    The entire team's complete inability to play defense is... almost mesmerizing.  They were fine earlier in the year.  When the whole team is crapping the bed, I have to look at coaching.  Either they are coaching the wrong thing or the players aren't listening. Both lead to firings.
    I'm getting fed up with this.