Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets Thread

Comments

• elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    It's doable.  Not likely, but doable.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

Doable? Done. What a fucking game.
    mooseProfessor_FateMHT_Meme_Teamelpalito
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum

elpalito said:

Doable? Done. What a fucking game.
    Down 3-0 on the road to the #1 seed and coming all the way back? Hell yeah!
    The_Sackman
  • Tampa hadn't blown a 3+ goal lead in 106 consecutive games
    The_Sackman
    wooohooo

That's how one maintains a 3 goal lead.  Let's not see a repeat of last  year, CBJ.  Get Game 3.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

wooohooo

That's how one maintains a 3 goal lead.  Let's not see a repeat of last  year, CBJ.  Get Game 3.
    That’s not a jinx, or anything.
    This was no fluke. Keep your foot on the gas, boys.
    Professor_Fate
    Kucherov out for game 3.
    Professor_Fate
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Game 4 for the sweep!
    Holy shit. We're going to do this.
    redhawk11DICKelpalitoMHT_Meme_Team
  • No president's trophy winner has ever been swept in the first round. 
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Up until last year, no 16th seed had ever beaten a 1 seed in the NCAA basketball tournament...Jus' sayin'.
    Big fan of Keith Jones (who I like) causing a take quake after the game saying that the Lightning would come back and win this series because I guess they controlled the puck for some time in the third when the Jackets had clearly pulled back on the ruthless aggression. Keep doubting us. 
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • Yager07KumlerYager07Kumler Senior Barfly
    From the 2nd period of the 1st game on, CBJ has been the better team. And it hasn’t been close. The third period last night was Tampa playing for their lives and CBJ handles the storm.

Is this the right time to peak?
    The_Sackman
    I read a comment on an Athletic article by the TB beat guy (from one of their fans) that basically said between Hedman (sad attempt at trolling in game 2), Kucherov (dirt bag hit) and Stamoks (sucker punch), they should have seen this coming. The leadership is weak.
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God

Big fan of Keith Jones (who I like) causing a take quake after the game saying that the Lightning would come back and win this series because I guess they controlled the puck for some time in the third when the Jackets had clearly pulled back on the ruthless aggression. Keep doubting us. 

This is why I really want to see them win in 4.  If they lose Tuesday, Tampa will get a ray of hope (no pun intended with regard to their baseball team), and then I think the series would still be up for grabs.  I think CBJ would feel the pressure then.
    It ends tonight. I'm not thinking like a loser. They might have a had a chance to regroup based on half of a good third period on Sunday but as soon as their Captain lobbed a sucker punch, nope, they're done. They're shook. Cooper knows. Their leadership knows it. Put them down.

NWA is going to be an amazing scene tonight (as it was Sunday).
    MHT_Meme_Team
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Lolz, I just realized that NWA is Nationwide Arena. :D
    The_SackmanmooseMHT_Meme_Team
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    As a non-CBJ fan, I'm pulling for you guys. The atmosphere from my TV is probably in my top five for most electric first round games I've seen live.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    The Lighting HC is Jon Cooper? Oh now I'm REALLY rooting for C-Bus.
    One more period to go.  Just win this period, CBJ
  • Yager07KumlerYager07Kumler Senior Barfly
    Yay!!! What a sweep. Team is playing unbelievably well.
    The_SackmanProfessor_Fate
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    The Pens owe CBJ beers for taking the spotlight away from this current disaster that is also about to end in a sweep...
    MHT_Meme_TeamThe_SackmanProfessor_Fate
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Congrats to all the CBJ fans. That was great to see. Go win the Cup!!!
    DICKThe_SackmanProfessor_Fate
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The_Sackman
  • Texier has looked really good.  
    Unreal. Get healthy and stay hungry, boys.

The fact that Liam McHugh asked Jonesy and Sharp after the game if the CBJ are now the Cup favorites and neither of them saying no is insane to me.

Watching Bill Davidge get choked up on the postgame show gave me all the feels! Love that guy. I hope that this team doesn't let him retire for another month or two.
    redhawk11Professor_Fatethechuck_2112DICK
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God
    Extremely happy about the sweep!  I've been a fan since Day One of the franchise, and have suffered through some very bad seasons.  Finally a playoff breakthrough!
    If they can do it to Tampa, they can do it to any other team in the playoffs. Confidence should not be a question going forward. That being said, Boston matches up well with CBJ.
    I'm not optimistic about it, but ready to go to score tickets to the next round here shortly.