Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami vs North Dakota State

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
edited November 2018 in Men's Basketball
2:00 today in Nassau Bahamas in a 2,000 seat arena. ND State is more known for their tremendous FCS football team, dominating FCS in recent years and winning several national championships.  In basketball they play in the Summit League ( think IPFW).  Last year the Bison were 15-17 ( 5-9 ),  So far this year they lost 73-56 at New Mexico State and won at home vs UC Santa Barbara 82-63.  They are led by 6-10 sophomore Rocky Kreuser at 14.5ppg.

The game can be watched live for $9.95 per game or a tournament pass is $24.95. Steve Baker and Terry Bridge will be doing the game on 1450 WMOH, 980 WONE and 101.3 FM WFMG and on the Miami IMG Network.  

This is a bracketed 8 team tournament.  If we win we play in the winner's bracket Saturday at 5:00 vs the winner of Montana and Incarnate Word ( likely Montana, who was an NCAA tournament team last year).  Should we lose, we would play the loser of that game at 11:00 AM.  We will also play on Sunday.

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    I just know I'm going to forget about this game until it's over.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Time to alpha Carson Wentz.
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    This seems like a tourney we should do well in. Last game was tough, but I think we still showed a lot of promise. We should be able to outplay this field with our athleticism, which is rare for us, but could be fun. Go Hawks!
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    El13 said:

This seems like a tourney we should do well in. Last game was tough, but I think we still showed a lot of promise. We should be able to outplay this field with our athleticism, which is rare for us, but could be fun. Go Hawks!

When you say last game, I assume you mean Butler and not the one we won by 49?
    redhawk11
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Rocky Kreusser is a good big and they have this 6'8" backup named Deng or something that is very athletic from the film I have seen. Bam and Abrams are going to have to have good performances, at least on D and on the boards. NDSU doesn't seem real deep with the rest of their scoring except one other guy. 6'6" kid. 
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    Some will be interested in hearing they are led in scoring by their 6'10" center, who is shooting 6/9 from 3 and 5/7 from 2. Efficiency. He had 23 in their first game and followed it up with 6.

PG - Vinnie Shahid 5'11" 5.5ppg 2 apg 2 rpg
    SG - Jared Samuelson 6'3" 1.5 ppg 1.5 apg 0.5 rpg
    WG - Tyson Ward 6'6" 11 ppg 2.5 apg 5 rpg
    G/F - Sam Griesel 6'6" 2.5 ppg 0 apg 3 rpg
    F - Rocky Kreuser 6'10" 14.5 ppg 0 apg 2.5 rpg
    redhawk11Quinoaburger
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Given our center play has been our weakest link, this game may be a good challenge.
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    Rocky Kreuser? Wasn't he one of Clubber Lang's victims?
    Cincykid3 said:

Given our center play has been our weakest link, this game may be a good challenge.

I'm not saying he isn't good, but are we really going to hype up a tall guy who averaged 3.8 ppg, 2 rpg, and only 7 blocks last season because he had one good game in a blowout loss and then followed it up with 6 points, 0 rebounds, and 3 turnovers?
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    7-0 Miami, TO NDS.
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

I just know I'm going to forget about this game until it's over.

The ESPN app's alert was what reminded me. 
    Re6H5wk
    Nike looking good. Bam overpowered their center for a layup. Overall, I'll take this start. Great d as well.
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Off-Campus Slummer
    Great start on both ends. Got Bake/Terry on the video stream, which is nice.
    7-0 early, Miami. 
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    And it is quickly 7-7.
    7-0 run for NDSU. Bam limping. 
    Abrams is rather, shall we say, limited. 
    10 in a row now for NDSU.
    3 by Lairy ties it up and ends the run. 
    13-10 ND
    Lairy knows offense!!
    TO 19-14 NDSU
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Off-Campus Slummer
    Abrams can't guard the perimeter and all 5 guys can shoot the 3 for NDST.
    Our defense has not been very good. Need to be much quicker getting back on help defense. 
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    I checked in when Miami was up 7-2. NDSU is now leading 19-14. Clearly I should stop following.
    Lairy with 8 so far.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Lairy is keeping us in the game.  Bison up 1.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    25-24 Bison  as both teams are raining threes.
    We might want to be less lazy on D. They are nailing threes with abandon.