Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Ball St. Game

167891012»

Comments

• skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    Re6H5wk said:

Woot! We're average! But seriously, nice way to close out the regular season. A win over our chief our rival and two trophies. ;)

Who needs a bowl, we've been collecting empty promises, cups, trophies for several weeks now.

If we could just find that damn bell!
    Re6H5wkredhawk11
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Someone must have hooked Chuck up to an audio of hawktalk during the 2nd quarter.

I remember being chastised during the Buffalo game when I said we could win out. Of course I was drinking and posting but I believed it at the time.

Didn’t believe it during the 1st Q tonight.

Really hope these kids get a bowl game. They deserve it.
    Re6H5wkredhawk11AORedHawk33
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited November 2018
    Eh..I think Zo just said eff this, not how Im ending this...gig.
    mpurdy22
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Congrats to all of us idiot fans and media!!! 

Team went 4-2 after Chuck's big Twitter purge of his fanbase. Should have done it before the season IMO.
    QuinoaburgerAORedHawk33grumpy1dave67DICK
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

Congrats to all of us idiot fans and media!!! 

Team went 4-2 after Chuck's big Twitter purge of his fanbase. Should have done it before the season IMO.
    Still can't get blocked by that tool.
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    I thought we came out flat, probably nervous and emotional given what was at stake and Senior Night.  Alonzo Smith's run turned the game around.  I think it's fitting that he and Koenig made signature plays in their last regular season game.  We dominated the line of scrimmage the last 35 minutes after getting dominated the first 25 minutes.  Congratulations to the team, players and coaches, for sticking with it and not giving up.  Love and Honor.

And Friday it's Ay Ziggy Zoomba!
    Cincykid3redhawk11
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    Congratulations to all ... Except Chuck of course - No soup for you
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    It was a much more enjoyable 4th quarter. I hope we make a bowl but a lot of spots will be taken
  • mz343 said:

I thought we came out flat, probably nervous and emotional given what was at stake and Senior Night.  Alonzo Smith's run turned the game around.  I think it's fitting that he and Koenig made signature plays in their last regular season game.  We dominated the line of scrimmage the last 35 minutes after getting dominated the first 25 minutes.  Congratulations to the team, players and coaches, for sticking with it and not giving up.  Love and Honor.

And Friday it's Ay Ziggy Zoomba!
    Clearly the enthusiasm - and momentum - was on Ball State's sideline early.  There were multiple comments to that effect in the stands... then BOOM!  That shift to the elephant formation and the misdirection run by Zo just instantly transferred all of the momentum to our sideline!  Something about that uncharacteristic play call and attempt to Play to Win just lit the sideline up.  You could feel the difference in the stands...
    dave67DICK
  • mpurdy22mpurdy22 Havighurstite
    Re6H5wk said:

mpurdy22 said:

Maybe Kent can beat Eastern and make them 6-6 too

Won't matter, but I'm tired of explaining...
    Does matter. If Detroit selects WMU. A 6-6 Miami will likely get selected over a 6-6 Eastern unless EMU goes Detroit and WMU goes somewhere else
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    mpurdy22 said:

Re6H5wk said:

mpurdy22 said:

Does matter. If Detroit selects WMU. A 6-6 Miami will likely get selected over a 6-6 Eastern unless EMU goes Detroit and WMU goes somewhere else
    Doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with records and resume.
    AORedHawk33Re6H5wkredhawk11
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

mpurdy22 said:

Re6H5wk said:

mpurdy22 said:

USE ALL CAPS NEXT TIME!!!!  
    Bash_RiprockRe6H5wk
    JiveHawk said:

mpurdy22 said:

Re6H5wk said:

mpurdy22 said:

What...you think Eastern Michigan would take more fans than Miami to a bowl away from Detroit?
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    mpurdy22 said:

JiveHawk said:

mpurdy22 said:

Re6H5wk said:

mpurdy22 said:

What...you think Eastern Michigan would take more fans than Miami to a bowl away from Detroit?
    EMU fans will not have to "pack" if they leave the cozy confines of Detroit.
    Renmanco said:

mpurdy22 said:

JiveHawk said:

mpurdy22 said:

Re6H5wk said:

mpurdy22 said:

EMU fans will not have to "pack" if they leave the cozy confines of Detroit.
    That is why I SAID IF Western goes to Detroit and if Eastern is 6-6 like us, we'd get picked over EMU I would think to a different bowl
    DICK