Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WSU

skinsskins Wealthy Alum
edited December 2018 in Men's Basketball

https://wsuraiders.com/boxscore.aspx?id=4819&path=mbball

So what do you know about these guys, Prof? 

Looks like they are playing with Love (6-9, 280) and Ernsthauser (~6-11 240) on the floor at same time...two guards and a wing/SF?

Interesting  match up.

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Wright State played in the NCAA tournament last year and has 4 starters returning, plus a transfer who sat out last year.  They don't have much depth, using Vest and Potter off the bench and that is about it.  Center Loudon Love is their best player, he is huge and powerful. He will be a tough matchup. Their other big guy Erstenhausen is more of a perimeter shooter, maybe similar to Eli.  Wampler is the transfer and is the small forward and is a shooter and scorer.  Gentry is an excellent point guard who was not eligible till mid December last year so we did not face him.  He is their second best player.  Hughes is an athletic guard and kind of an all around solid player.

Wright State is 4-4, at home they are 4-0, road 0-2, neutral 0-2.  They beat Toledo by 10 and UT is 6-1 so that is their only loss, beat north Florida by 17, beat Western Carolina by 23 and small college Cedarville.  On the road they lost at Murray State by 19 and at Indiana State by 6.  In a neutral site tournament, they lost to Penn State by 18 and SMU by 1.  Last year we were down 8 with two minutes to go, tied it and won in OT.  Ringo made several big plays down the stretch, but their excellent point guard Gentry was not playing then.

Professor_Fate
  • Dick’s analysis is right on. The Raiders on the the upclimb.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>We are 5.5 PT dogs.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    WSU is a tough team. Not great. Beatable. But we can't play like we did against X or Butler. Love is a load. I look at this as an excellent test game for where this team is now 8 games into the season. Time for us to start producing against good but talent equal teams. 
  • I’m there, tonight.
    Nescacdad
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

I’m there, tonight.

Cheering for who?

• skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    This is an interesting test, given how Jack O's troops performed against Butler and X, a poor showing here would raise an eyebrow or two.

A win might not seem big, but based on these match-ups I think it would be really solid victory.
  • redhawk11 said:

I’m there, tonight.

Cheering for who?

Let’s put it this way, I can’t lose.
    redhawk11skinsthechuck_2112
  • It’s empty for this game. REALLY empty at the Nutt House.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

It’s empty for this game. REALLY empty at the Nutt House.

I was thinking that as well.
    Anthem was rough...
  • Re6H5wk said:

Anthem was rough...

That Anthem was an embarrassment to America!

What’s gonna be bad is the announcer, you can’t understand him. He speaks way too fast and way too deep. He sounds like he’s mumbling the whole game.
    Re6H5wk
    Nike, Bam, Adaway, Ringo, Bowman
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Announcer said Redskins already
    Scalper
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    The game is barely underway and there have already been 3 accidental "Redskins" references.
    Spanks004ScalperDICK
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Ringo an 81% FT shooter misses both.
    Bam looks overmatched against Love.
    I would prefer the other Jim Brown announce this game.
    muhawk
    redhawk11 said:

I would prefer the other Jim Brown announce this game.

This guy is TERRIBLE

7-4 at the U16
    Bald ref sucks.
    WSU moves the ball around well. Miami not so much.
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Are you referring to former WSU coach Jim Brown on color analyst on the Internet broadcast?
    Redskins, again.
    Scalper

Are you referring to former WSU coach Jim Brown on color analyst on the Internet broadcast?

Yes

I think Jack starting to realize how bad Abrams is.
    edited December 2018
    Also, these guys cannot figure out how to say Sibande. They've said it about 6 different ways and I still don't know if they've said it correctly.
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum
    called sibande 'zimbabwe'
    Re6H5wk
    Nice strong play by Bam. Keep feeding him.
    Re6H5wk said:

I think Jack starting to realize how bad Abrams is.

Never mind...