Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WSU

1234568»

Comments

• mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    skins said:
    =>That os why the winner of the game gets the Millett Hall Cup as there is a Millett Hall on both campuses named after John D. Millett.

The More You Know (insert rainbow thingy)
  • Are you saying we got a trophy last night? 
    redhawk11killgas20Re6H5wkredbear18DICK

Are you saying we got a trophy last night? 

=>Was there any ambiguity in what I wrote?

• grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    mollautt said:

skins said:
    =>That os why the winner of the game gets the Millett Hall Cup as there is a Millett Hall on both campuses named after John D. Millett.

The More You Know (insert rainbow thingy)
    #FakeNews
  • mollautt said:

Yes, because you called it a "cup". So I'd like to know if there is a difference between a "cup" and a "trophy" and if so, what is that difference? If there is no difference then I suppose you are a saying we got a trophy last night. 
    mollautt

mollautt said:

Yes, because you called it a "cup". So I'd like to know if there is a difference between a "cup" and a "trophy" and if so, what is that difference? If there is no difference then I suppose you are a saying we got a trophy last night. 
    => I guess there could be some confusion. Cup can mean trophy. You can also mean something that you drink out of. It can also mean a competition. But given the context of what we were discussing, it is quite clear I was referring to a piece of athletic protection worn by men.

B)
    Bash_Riprockskin66agc
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Déjà vu for WSU tonight against UIC.
  • Re6H5wk said:

Déjà vu for WSU tonight against UIC.

Check out the stats for the game, especially WSU’s 3- point shooting percentage of 27.5% and practically no free throws at home.
    Re6H5wk
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    The Raiders hold on to win the last game of the season at Milwaukee 65-62 and finishes in a first place regular season tie with Northern Kentucky. This gives Wright State the #1 seed in the Horizon League Tournament. WSU hosts IUPUI, in Tuesday night, in the HL quarter finals.
    Re6H5wkkillgas20
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited March 3

The Raiders hold on to win the last game of the season at Milwaukee 65-62 and finishes in a first place regular season tie with Northern Kentucky. This gives Wright State the #1 seed in the Horizon League Tournament. WSU hosts IUPUI, in Tuesday night, in the HL quarter finals.

Congrats to the Raiders, but they would not earn a bye for one of the top 4 spots in the MAC.  In RPI  MAC is #9, Horizon is #22.  I believe they were 1 and 2 against MAC teams this year, losing at home to Miami and at Kent, and beating Toledo at home.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Congrats to the Raiders, but they would not earn a bye for one of the top 4 spots in the MAC.  In RPI  MAC is #9, Horizon is #22.  I believe they were 1 and 2 against MAC teams this year, losing at home to Miami and at Kent, and beating Toledo at home.
    They actually lost to Kent on the road.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    For once I think you misread my post and I actually said it correctly.  lol
    edited March 12
    Wright State plays Northern Kentucky for the Horizon League Title on ESPN at 7pm tonight.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited March 12

Wright State plays Northern Kentucky for the Horizon League Title on ESPN at 7pm tonight.

Women are playing Green Bay right now for the league championship, and Wright State is us 7 in the 4th quarter.  ESPNU
    DICK said:

Women are playing Green Bay right now for the league championship, and Wright State is us 7 in the 4th quarter.  ESPNU
    Great catch, Dick! WSU women win the HLC, move to the NCAAs.

Congrats to NKU in laying the SmackDown on my Raiders in the Horizon League Title game! Make the HL proud!