Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Football commits

Comments

• JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
    Davearama said:

Was just on 247 Sports.com and Miami's class rated 72nd....UC's was 67th. Not as much separation as I might has thought. 

For what it's worth....

That website is very fluid as teams add/drop recruits. I think just yesterday we were above Rutgers and now we dropped. Also UC jumped a few spots.

#2 in MAC recruiting is pretty good. Let’s shoot for #1 on the field!
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly

Davearama said:

Was just on 247 Sports.com and Miami's class rated 72nd....UC's was 67th. Not as much separation as I might has thought. 

For what it's worth....

That website is very fluid as teams add/drop recruits. I think just yesterday we were above Rutgers and now we dropped. Also UC jumped a few spots.

#2 in MAC recruiting is pretty good. Let’s shoot for #1 on the field!
    Our ranking is inflated because of the number of our recruits. It is better to look at average score. On that basis we are probably 4th or 5th. Gabbert is considered our #1 rated recruit per 247.  
    DICK
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    He hopefully will play LB. Defensive player of the year should play defense!! 
    andystef said:

I heard last night that Ivan Pace Jr, (Colerain), Ohio Division 1 Defensive player of the year, is committing to Miami. I saw all 15 Colerain games this year and Ivan is simply fantastic. He played both offense (RB) and defense (LB). At 6' 225, he's s "beast". Not sure if Martin plans to  use him on O or D. Either way, he's a winner and leader.

So what we are seeing from this and the other recruiting thread is CM is getting lots of talent and lots of pieces. So shouldn't have excuses for not winning. 
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Eh...idiot fans are always a wild card that can influence the game.
    laxdaddymollautt
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Signing day and we've got 5 LOIs in already
  • RedhawkfbdadRedhawkfbdad Summer Orientee
    edited December 2018
    Looks like all 29 commits are signed, sealed and delivered. Lots to be excited about imo. I particularly like what I can see with the LB’s. They look big and fast. Anybody know which players are enrolling early?
    mpurdy22Redskin89
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum

Looks like all 28 commits are signed, sealed and delivered. Lots to be excited about imo. I particularly like what I can see with the LB’s. They look big and fast. Anybody know which players are enrolling early?

Switch over to the main thread for your answer ;)
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Senior Barfly
    The key for 2019 will be how well the QB plays at least on offense
  • RedhawkfbdadRedhawkfbdad Summer Orientee
    The defense needs to improve in all areas. I think they will need some of these 2019 signees to be ready to play immediately.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    rexjack53 said:

No matter who wins the job, I wouldn't expect much from the QB on defense. I have been proven wrong before, though.

mollauttThe_SackmanJCook32Bash_Riprock
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    redhawk11 said:

rexjack53 said:

No matter who wins the job, I wouldn't expect much from the QB on defense. I have been proven wrong before, though.

=>It happens!!! I have seen Andy Dalton too often having to play defense. In fact, a promising 2015 Bengals season basically ended when Dalton injured his thumb tackling Tuitt of the Steelers.

8E
    edited December 2018
    Someone asked this above. 2 recruiting threads going on. Don't think it matters which we use. 6 players enrolling early: Bolden, Josephs, Maye, McCullough, Robinson, Williams. Like to see that because it shows these kids are great in the classroom as well!! 
    CM said we have a junior day in January with over 200 kids coming. That is getting ahead of the curve. 
    As CM just said, for what rankings are worth, we have more 3 stars than ever before and our highest rated class ever. 
    JHVMUFBAlum

The defense needs to improve in all areas. I think they will need some of these 2019 signees to be ready to play immediately.

The JUCO DT will....maybe Pace will be ready as a frosh and it would not surprise me see McCullough (CB) out there if he's anything like his Pops.
    Bluesman said:

As CM just said, for what rankings are worth, we have more 3 stars than ever before and our highest rated class ever. 

Thank the buildings and the school for that...
    JHVMUFBAlum
    We still have 2 scholarships to play with. So may add 2 more. 
    skins said:

The JUCO DT will....maybe Pace will be ready as a frosh and it would not surprise me see McCullough (CB) out there if he's anything like his Pops.
    McCullough isn't a CB. Pace will not be the first up at LB either.
    FYI Shaffer had an offer from Purdue. Chose Miami. 
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

=>You can say that again!
    redhawk11
    edited December 2018
    skins said:

What is he, safety?  I assume he's more ATH and could play either...maybe DB if he's a talent like his Dad....6-0 175 is not playing safety for awhile even at FS, pretty light IMO...who knows maybe he adds 10 pounds with early enrollment and in weight room.

Who would be ahead of Pace (I assume you'll say Hagarty, just based on ratings...screw ratings...Pace can play)?

Interesting article on Deland II...he's played against some top talent in his travels with the family around the country, especially his stop in Cali where he played nickel DB.

I could see him get out there this coming year in same role.

mollautt said:

Bluesman said:

=>You can say that again!
    There's a chance.
  • skins said:

Bluesman said:

hahahah good one
    skins said:

skins said:

What is he, safety?  I assume he's more ATH and could play either...maybe DB if he's a talent like his Dad....6-0 175 is not playing safety for awhile even at FS, pretty light IMO...who knows maybe he adds 10 pounds with early enrollment and in weight room.

Who would be ahead of Pace (I assume you'll say Hagarty, just based on ratings...screw ratings...Pace can play)?

Interesting article on Deland II...he's played against some top talent in his travels with the family around the country, especially his stop in Cali where he played nickel DB.

180 and coming in early. Who knows where he'll be in a year.

Hagardy and Pace don't even play the same LB spot. Wynn would play over Pace though. But Hargarty will see the field first because of depth at MLB vs OLB.

You should probably watch the tape before trying to guess who will play what.
    skinsHighStreetBlues

Your a funny little character ....have fun in your dark room watching tape.

It's simple...as I said Deland was in school when I was and if "he's like his Dad"...he may see the field early...but I doubt it's as safety early in a full role @ 180#.

Maybe nickel CB. 

Deland's Dad probably, and I'd need Andy S to make an appearance on here....arguably top 10-15 all-time player ever to suit up for Miami. He was so good.

Pace plays in Cincy, where I live and people I know in HS football scene know of him and say he's a stud, good enough for me!

It's not a stretch that Pace plays early.  Watch tape...that's funny.

edited December 2018

skins said:

Bluesman said:

hahahah good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqN-Y11YZSs

Even CM can sell that!

;)
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    skins said:

Your a funny little character ....have fun in your dark room watching tape.

It's simple...as I said Deland was in school when I was and if "he's like his Dad"...he may see the field early...but I doubt it's as safety early in a full role @ 180#.

Maybe nickel CB. 

Deland's Dad probably, and I'd need Andy S to make an appearance on here....arguably top 10-15 all-time player ever to suit up for Miami. He was so good.

Pace plays in Cincy, where I live and people I know in HS football scene know of him and say he's a stud, good enough for me!

It's not a stretch that Pace plays early.  Watch tape...that's funny.

Hell, three guys in that backfield, Smith, Carpenter and Walker may all be in the Top 10-15 of all time.
  • JiveHawk said:

skins said:

skins said:

180 and coming in early. Who knows where he'll be in a year.

Hagardy and Pace don't even play the same LB spot. Wynn would play over Pace though. But Hargarty will see the field first because of depth at MLB vs OLB.

You should probably watch the tape before trying to guess who will play what.

Yeah I would go watch Pace's tape then.  Guy can flat out play.