Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Technical Question

BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
I am not an IT pro, nor a tech neophyte.  I have tried everthing I know, and cannot figure out to place my photos--or images from the web--into a post.  I would appreciate any suggestions, so that I may contribute to the prodigious appetites of my MHT cohorts for increasingly higher levels of edification.  Thank you.
redhawk11

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Blackbird said:

I am not an IT pro, nor a tech neophyte.  I have tried everthing I know, and cannot figure out to place my photos--or images from the web--into a post.  I would appreciate any suggestions, so that I may contribute to the prodigious appetites of my MHT cohorts for increasingly higher levels of edification.  Thank you.

TruckCrew
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018

Posting an image that is already hosted elsewhere is not too hard.  Get the link to the image (usually a right-click/save while mousing over the image) and make sure it ends in a file name extension that renders photos (jpg is most common).  Then click on the icon here that looks like an old Polaroid photo and paste the link into the pop up box.  You'll probably have to delete the pre-populated "http" prefix.  

I am not a maven at hosting images on the web, since any attempt to do so doesn't play nicely with my firm's no-fun filter.  Someone else can walk you through that.  
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Lol. I missed the Ford gifs, Sack
    The_Sackman
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    Thank you . . .  and the Rob Ford video was a great bonus!
    The_Sackman
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

Lol. I missed the Ford gifs, Sack

I miss him every day. His brother just doesn't cut it.