Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Miami baseball with an 8 game winning streak.

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
We swept YSU in 4 games this weekend.  7-0 at home.  We have had a different scheduling philosphy this year.  We still took our southern trips on weekends, but played series vs other mid-majors on neutral fields.  Thus we were not getting beaten up by southern teams who have been playing outside for months.  This week we play at NKU on Wednesday, then have 3 home games vs St. Bonaventure Friday through Sunday.
Bash_Riprockdave67AORedHawk33MHT_Meme_Team

Comments

• MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    The past 7 wins have come against Oakland and YSU who are both 0-13 on the season. NKU is just 1-11 and St. Bonaventure is 1-6. That said you can only beat the teams on the schedule and it isn't like we're trying to put together an at-large resume.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    They blew out NKU on Wednesday and swept St. Bonaventure this weekend. The winning streak is up to 12 and they're 15-3 on the season.
    DICK
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    With all due respect to women's hoops, field hockey, volleyball, and sync skating, it's nice to see a Miami sports team having success.
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    You could have just written “it’s nice to see a men’s team having success.”
    AORedHawk33mollauttBash_RiprockJCook32elpalitodave67MHT_Meme_Team
    TruckCrew said:

But what about esports?
    AORedHawk33skin66redhawk11MHT_Meme_Team
    TruckCrew said:

Isn't it, though? What's wrong with saying that? In fact I will: It's nice to see a men's team having success. They're not mutually exclusive. This doesn't mean I don't care about women's teams or want them to do well. Men's teams have sucked lately, while the women's haven't, and thus I'm glad baseball is having a nice start to their season.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    TruckCrew said:

=>You almost wrote see men.

TruckCrew
    Re6H5wk said:

TruckCrew said:

Isn't it, though? What's wrong with saying that? In fact I will: It's nice to see a men's team having success. They're not mutually exclusive. This doesn't mean I don't care about women's teams or want them to do well. Men's teams have sucked lately, while the women's haven't, and thus I'm glad baseball is having a nice start to their season.
    I think I misinterpreted TC's post as I re-read it. My apologies.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Play at EKU on Wednesday before starting the MAC season on the road at Kent State this weekend.  
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    They are up to a 13 game win streak now, second longest in school history I believe.
    Re6H5wkTruckCrew
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    3 games at Kent and another one at Louisville coming up, that is a HUGE bump up in competition.
    Due to inclement weather, Game 1 at Kent State has already been re-scheduled for Saturday.  
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    I may to travel to Kent to see one of two of those games. 

redhawk11
    Miami takes game one of the doubleheader 3-2 and the streak is up to 14.
    TruckCrewBash_Riprockredhawk11dave67Re6H5wk
    They got killed in game two, so the streak ends at 14.
    elpalito
    edited March 24
    Took Game 3 today 5-1.  

Winning the Meatloaf portion on the road is good, especially against Kent State who is picked to win the MAC this season.

Play at Louisville on Tuesday night and then a home series against EMU this weekend.
    Re6H5wkmollautt
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Teddy Cahill, who writes for Baseball America, is impressed with the start: https://twitter.com/tedcahill/status/1109927914701799424?s=21
    NYCRedHawkRe6H5wk
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Kent has been dominating MAC baseball for more than a decade, so winning 2 of 3 up there is a big statement.
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Yea us
    DICK