Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Saul Phillips-OUT!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
OU just announced they are non renewing Saul Phillips contract. 40-50 in MAC and 81-77 overall. Gone. Not a surprise. Bobkitties on the coaching search. 

Comments

• The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    That sucks. He was terrible. Should have given him a lifetime contract. Oh well, time to put together the I'm Coming Home montage for Tim O'Shea.
    grumpy1killgas20Bash_Riprockredhawk11
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Is Cooper available?
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    edited March 13
    Hmm, I wonder what the computers have to say about OU. They just fired their coach who was 40-50 in MAC play and 81-77 overall. So per Sagarin and Massey below, from last year to this year, the computers say OU improved, and they fired their coach. I am sure Tod can add his additional statistical analysis and permutations, but I was curious on comparing the last 2 years so I did. 

Sagarin OU

2019 185
    2018 186

Massey
    2019 171
    2018 227

• killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly

That sucks. He was terrible. Should have given him a lifetime contract. Oh well, time to put together the I'm Coming Home montage for Tim O'Shea.

O'Shea's available...he retired from Bryant after the 2017-2018 season.  
    The_Sackman
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    killgas20 said:

O'Shea's available...he retired from Bryant after the 2017-2018 season.  
    Sounds like a great Twitter campaign then.
    MooreHawkthechuck_2112
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>OU is a great gig for a coach to take over.
    1) They return most of the roster: 76% of mins (2nd only to Akron, Miami #3), 79% of the scoring (3rd behind #1 Akron and #2 Miami), and 77% of rebounding (4th behind #1 Akron, #2 Miami, and #3 CMU).

2) OU ALSO get two likely staters back from that were med Redshirts. One of those, Jordan Dartis, will prolly be a preseason MAC POTY candidate. He was 2nd team All-MAC in 2017 and honorable mention last year. The other is James Gollon who is a great shooter.

Whatever coach takes over will not have a rebuild.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Hmm, I wonder what the computers have to say about OU. They just fired their coach who was 40-50 in MAC play and 81-77 overall. So per Sagarin and Massey below, from last year to this year, the computers say OU improved, and they fired their coach. I am sure Tod can add his additional statistical analysis and permutations, but I was curious on comparing the last 2 years so I did. 

Sagarin OU

2019 185
    2018 186

Massey
    2019 171
    2018 227

=>Ignorant.

Bash_Riprockthechuck_2112
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Can we sell them on a package of Jack Owens as HC with Chuck Martin and Rico Blasi as the top 2 assistants?