Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC Womens Tournament

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited March 13 in Women's Basketball
Pressley Hudson of #1 seed CMU hits a three as the buzzer expires to tie the game at 73 against #9 seed EMU. Game going to OT. EMU playing a terrifically inspired game. CMU's entire mens team at the game watching. 

Comments

• bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    you think a loss would knock CMU out of dance?
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    CMU holds on and wins in OT 88-80 to move on to Friday's semis. CMU now 25-6. 
    MAC entering this tournament had 5 teams with 20 or more wins and 2 more teams with 19 wins on the year. 22-7 Miami plays the last game tonight on ESPN+ against 20-10 UT. Miami swept the series this year but both games were close. 
    UB destroys Kent to move on to the semis. UB now 21-9. Kent finishes at 19-12. 
    OU beats NIU 72-56 to improve to 26-4 and move on to the semis. NIU finishes at 19-13. Miami estimated tip off time is 730pm ET. 
    After 1st quarter Miami leads UT 18-11. Kluesner and Psurvis with 8 each. Miami needs to do a better job on the boards. Miami playing good defense so far.
    At the half Miami 35 Toledo 24!
    Bash_Riprock
    Kluesner with 16 points and 5 boards. Our is with 11. Dickerson held to 4.
    Well it looks like I am thread to myself. Oh well! Miami off to a bad start in the 3rd quarter. Turned it over 3 times already. Getting beaten on the boards. Lead down to 39-32 and Megan smartly calls timeout. Need to regroup quickly. UT has some very talented players. UT hedging hard and putting lots of ball pressure on Lauren. 
    JCook32
    Mckintyre for UT is killing Miami. No one can guard her and she has been to the FT line 3 times already. 
    Under 5 minutes time out in the 3rd quarter, Miami 43 UT 33. Miami should keep feeding Kluesner. They can't stop her like we can't stop Mckintyre. 
    In the womens game, having a double digit lead heading into the 4th quarter is huge and extremely hard to overcome. Miami needs to keep this in double digits. 
    UT winning the boards 22-19. Miami shooting 52%. UT with 7 offensive boards which is keeping them in the game with second chances. Miami only 2 offensive boards. UT very quick and active on the glass. Megan not happy with that at all. 
    Miami with a defensive lapse to end the 3rd quarter not getting back on D at all after a Lauren miss. Heading to the 4th quarter Miami 52 UT 39.  Kluesner 18, Dickerson 16, Purvis 13. Miami needs to start strong 4th quarter and put this game away. UT can score quickly. Mckintyre leads UT with 12. They have 7 players who have scored. Miami only has 5. The other two being Reid with 4  and Taylor with 1. McCoy and Levering have been held scoreless. 

Bash_Riprock
    UT pressuring and Miami turning the ball over. 
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    If UT can score quickly, Miami must be doing a good job of containing that.  The Rockets are on pace for 52 points.  Sounds like maintaining the defensive intensity should do the trick.  
    With 6:37 to go McCoy hits a big three for her first bucket, and UT calls timeout. Miami 57 UT 41. Miami now doing a much better job against the press. Dickerson has been rock solid handling the ball. Expert UT to press the rest of the game. 
    Miami with 21 bench points. Of course 20 of those are from 2nd team All MAC Kluesner!  :)
    Miami wins and moves on to the semis!! Miami wins 72-54 to move to 23-7! Dickerson with 23, Kluesner with 20, Purvis 13. The unsung player Reid with 6 points and 8 boards. All 4 top seeds in the finals. Miami to play the Bobkitties on Friday. BEAT OU!! LOVE AND HONOR!!
    Bash_RiprockagcRe6H5wk
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    Awesome! I was able to watch the first half and then had a wifi adapter crisis.

Megan Duffy is now 44-18 in 2 years and the year continues! What a coach!!
    agc
    This game thread was brought to you by the fine folks at Graeters Ice Cream!!
    agcDICK
    Excellent.  I am near my fax and awaiting the pint you're sending me.  
    DevilGrad said:

Excellent.  I am near my fax and awaiting the pint you're sending me.  

The only pint I am having comes in a glass bottle with the word Rum written on the side!!
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    I guess we played okay despite the tough end to the regular season... highs and lows.

This women’s team has a chance to energize an entire athletic department and alumni base, desperately in need of something good to talk about. Let’s go RedHawks. Love and Honor.
    muhoopsjunkie
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    YEA US !!!!!
    redhawk11
    edited March 14
    So the MAC Semifinals shape up like this:

#1 CMU 25-6 v. #4 UB 21-9

#2 OU 26-4 v #3 Miami 23-7

MAC is the 8th ranked womens conference nationally out of 32. These are the RPI rankings of the MAC teams playing in the semis:

CMU     30
    OU        34
    UB        36
    Miami   46 

So 4 of the top 50 teams in the country are in the MAC. Last year, UB and CMU made it to the Sweet 16. There is talk again the MAC should be a multiple bid league. 2, maybe 3 teams. 
    Bash_Riprock
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    In other words, we have to bring our A++ game the rest of the way out.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Watched the entire game.  I have watched a few games this season and have been very impressed with this team.  

When it appeared Toledo was going to make a run we always had an answer.  

Beat OU!
    Bash_Riprockdave67