Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Jalen Adaway-Transferring

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited March 15 in Men's Basketball
Jalen just announced on Twitter he is transferring . Hate to see him go. Nice contributor. I have to wonder if we will see more. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me but I hope none of our remaining core players leave. And to Jalen, thanks and best of luck in the future!!
agcDICK
«1

Comments

  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Will we bank the scholarship or look for another player for next season (JUCO?)?
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Sorry to hear this. It seemed like he never found his role, deferring on offense to Nike and Dalonte.
  • agcagc Off-Campus Slummer
    This is very surprising. Wouldn't he naturally replace Harouna?
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

    This is very surprising. Wouldn't he naturally replace Harouna?

    =>You would think.  He started all but 3 games as a frosh last year when Harouna was blocked by The Donald and could not get back into the country.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Didn't watch the Akron game but just checked the box- he didn't play?
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Dang!  I was just talking to a Miami fan, earlier today, about the possibility of Jalen leaving.  


  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    I have no idea what happened but it appears something significant occurred between the OU game on Friday night and the Akron game on Monday for Jalen to get zero minutes. Adaway was averaging over 25 minutes per game and suddenly doesn't see the floor? A coincidence leading to this announcement? I doubt it.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

    I have no idea what happened but it appears something significant occurred between the OU game on Friday night and the Akron game on Monday for Jalen to get zero minutes. Adaway was averaging over 25 minutes per game and suddenly doesn't see the floor? A coincidence leading to this announcement? I doubt it.

    =>Back injury per radio.  Nothing discipline related.
    RedHawks97agc
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    edited March 15
    This sucks. I think Adaway had the most potential of anyone on the team (maybe Ron Harper-light without Harper's ball handling skills), but he never seemingly found his role.
    MowchAORedHawk33
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    mollautt said:

    laxdaddy said:

    I have no idea what happened but it appears something significant occurred between the OU game on Friday night and the Akron game on Monday for Jalen to get zero minutes. Adaway was averaging over 25 minutes per game and suddenly doesn't see the floor? A coincidence leading to this announcement? I doubt it.

    =>Back injury per radio.  Nothing discipline related.
    Both Lairy and Adaway had back injuries for the Akron game????   Lairy 8 minutes. Adaway 0 minutes. What were they doing over the weekend?
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

    mollautt said:

    laxdaddy said:

    I have no idea what happened but it appears something significant occurred between the OU game on Friday night and the Akron game on Monday for Jalen to get zero minutes. Adaway was averaging over 25 minutes per game and suddenly doesn't see the floor? A coincidence leading to this announcement? I doubt it.

    =>Back injury per radio.  Nothing discipline related.
    Both Lairy and Adaway had back injuries for the Akron game????   Lairy 8 minutes. Adaway 0 minutes. What were they doing over the weekend?
    =>Lairy hurt his back in the crAkron game.

  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Darn, I liked his grandpa posting around here.
    Bash_RiprockRe6H5wkDICK
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

    mollautt said:

    laxdaddy said:

    I have no idea what happened but it appears something significant occurred between the OU game on Friday night and the Akron game on Monday for Jalen to get zero minutes. Adaway was averaging over 25 minutes per game and suddenly doesn't see the floor? A coincidence leading to this announcement? I doubt it.

    =>Back injury per radio.  Nothing discipline related.
    Both Lairy and Adaway had back injuries for the Akron game????   Lairy 8 minutes. Adaway 0 minutes. What were they doing over the weekend?
    International Limbo Qualifications were at Bar 45 East
    Bash_Riprock
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum

    Darn, I liked his grandpa posting around here.

    That was actually Kevin Durant.
    cwRedhawks
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    This information makes me sad
    muhoopsjunkieredhawk11AORedHawk33Bash_RiprockMowchDICK
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Man it seems like only yesterday that we were all in awe watching his high school dunk highlights...
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    There are openings at Oklahoma State U.....just sayin'
    dave67
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    I hope this is not an indicator of deeper problems on the team, as could be inferred from our failure to improve and be more consistent this season.
    dave67
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

    This information makes me sad

    Take that frown and turn it upside down!! 
    :D  Seriously, though, I wish he had stayed. But we can also look at this as a chance for Jack to further upgrade the roster. Just please, no more grad transfers with limited skills!!! 
  • El13El13 Wealthy Alum
    This is very upsetting too me, we simply did not use Jalen correctly and now he is moving on. While I don’t blame him for leaving, I am upset at the staff, this is a top level athlete and from what I understand a very good person. Our offense is brutal and allowing Nike to chuck like he did this year cost us the season and now a good player. Not good!
    Professor_FateBash_Riprock
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    El13 said:

    This is very upsetting too me, we simply did not use Jalen correctly and now he is moving on. While I don’t blame him for leaving, I am upset at the staff, this is a top level athlete and from what I understand a very good person. Our offense is brutal and allowing Nike to chuck like he did this year cost us the season and now a good player. Not good!

    You saw the same things I did, this year. I hope Jalen finds a better opportunity for himself and is happy.
    AORedHawk33
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Wonder if he'll stay close to home? Valpo? IU Ft. Wayne?
  • BlackbirdBlackbird Off-Campus Slummer
    I agree with “El Trece”. Something about this really bothers me, even though I know that such transfers are really common now. And I’m a “glass half full” guy.
    AORedHawk33
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Let's just cross our fingers and hope that this is only an isolated departure. What would be really troubling is if one or more other kids left the program, especially anyone who might be considered a key contributor going forward.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    I am hopeful this is where the extra scholarship came from...maybe coaches have known for a while and just a personal reason, but waited to announce until after the season.
  • agcagc Off-Campus Slummer
    As per Twitter, Adaway got an offer from Robert Morris
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

    As per Twitter, Adaway got an offer from Robert Morris

    Why not Duquesne?
    redhawk11Professor_FatemrgredhawkRe6H5wk
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    Have we figured out why he is transferring? 
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    Adaway to St. Bonaventure, a team that was 3 pts away from dancin' last year. Movin' on up...
Sign In or Register to comment.