Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

The 2019 NCAA Tournament HawkTalk Bracket Game

Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
It's that time of the year!  I think this is the 11th time I've set this up, I've lost count.  Anyway, make sure you make your entry for this your HawkTalk handle.  Click on the Group Name, below, and the link will take you where you need to get to.  No cost to enter, but if you want to wager between yourselves, that's up to you.

Password: OUSucksSince1804
Re6H5wk

Comments

• Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Bump
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Going for my 11peat this year, nerds.
    Professor_Fate
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum

False. Last year I won and earned the very prestigious privilege of watching a game this year with Skins, JohnnyMac, and El13. Of course I'm so humble that I turned down the opportunity, but I was very grateful for the honor.

greggie76The_Sackmanredhawk11
  • profholt82profholt82 Wealthy Alum

False. Last year I won and earned the very prestigious privilege of watching a game this year with Skins, JohnnyMac, and El13. Of course I'm so humble that I turned down the opportunity, but I was very grateful for the honor.

4th, not bad. As long as I beat Sack, I'm usually content.
    The_Sackman
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Senior Barfly
    Im donating a plush doll of Chuck Martin holding hands with Rico Blasi as the 1st place prize.
    bpatMHT_Meme_Team
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    I know my choices will flame out, (I'm looking at your Anteaters), but we'll see. Got to live dangerously. :)

Professor_Fate
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Bump, looks like we have 10 in so far...
    Professor_Fate
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Watching the play-in game. So a player for North Dakota St was originally committed to South Dakota St. Guess he wasn't a fan of the warm weather.
    Re6H5wk
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum

Watching the play-in game. So a player for North Dakota St was originally committed to South Dakota St. Guess he wasn't a fan of the warm weather.

If the guy was committed to SDSU, and then the SDSU coach, Nagy, left for Wright State, that could explain why.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    I'm in!

Boiler Up!
    redhawk11Professor_FateRe6H5wkmuhawk
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

I'm in!

Boiler Up!
    I actually have them losing to ODU. Just a weird gut feeling. And maybe a little subconsciously to stick it to our staff. There's never much reason to pick a 14 seed upset, but I decided to ignore logic.
    profholt82Professor_Fate
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Well, my bracket will not be perfect this year. 
    Re6H5wk said:

JohnnyMac said:

I'm in!

Boiler Up!
    I actually have them losing to ODU. Just a weird gut feeling. And maybe a little subconsciously to stick it to our staff. There's never much reason to pick a 14 seed upset, but I decided to ignore logic.
    Nice. Purdue craps the bed every year in the tourney. They always get there, and they always go home early.
    Re6H5wk

Last year I won
    "If you ain't first, you're last."
    -Richard Bobby
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Off-Campus Slummer

Re6H5wk said:

JohnnyMac said:

I'm in!

Boiler Up!
    Nice. Purdue craps the bed every year in the tourney. They always get there, and they always go home early.
    “Did you forget we made the last two sweet 16’s?”

-Kenny Lowe

• moosemoose Senior Barfly
    I didn’t see this group before noon, but Belmont has already made sure that I again won’t have a perfect bracket.

Last year I won
    "If you ain't first, you're last."
    -Richard Bobby
    Freaking yikes.
    Well this has not been a good first day for me.
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Man I picked Marquette to go pretty deep in tourney..I am screwed. Sure wish I had picked Murray State..I sure considered it.
    Cincykid3 said:

Man I picked Marquette to go pretty deep in tourney..I am screwed. Sure wish I had picked Murray State..I sure considered it.

I think that was the only pick I got right today.
    Cincykid3 said:

Wojo is a loser. Always has been.
    Professor_Fate
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    The Big East is already down to 1 team.  The BIG went 5-0.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    mz343 said:

The Big East is already down to 1 team.  The BIG went 5-0.

Big East was hot garbage all year, so I don’t think this is surprising. That said I think Nova can win another game with Booth and Paschal.
    Many talk the talk. Only Jonathan Mac walks the walk, too. Purdue as his champion!
    JohnnyMac
    My wife would be tied for 2nd place if she were in this group. Only missed seven 1st round games. #respect
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    2nd place?
    #RE2PECT
    Re6H5wk
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    Come on last place!
    Professor_Fate
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum

Many talk the talk. Only Jonathan Mac walks the walk, too. Purdue as his champion!

Never a doubt!

Boiler Up!
    redhawk11Re6H5wkThe_Sackman
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    If UVA beats Purdue I am getting blocked on Twitter by our entire coaching staff.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33QuinoaburgerBash_RiprockThe_SackmanDevilGradyanksalex
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    JohnnyMac said:

Never a doubt!

Boiler Up!
    I thought our assistants had cursed Purdue given their like 8 minute scoring drought in the second half. Very reminiscent of a Miami double digit lead...

And in fairness, I have no idea why people are complaining about the foul call on the 3 at the end of regulation. It was clearly a foul, you have to let the guy land.
    DICK