Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 NIT/CBI/CIT/[INSERT ACRONYM HERE]

Toledo got an at-large bid to the NIT. They're a 6 seed and will open on the road against Xavier.

Comments

• mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>Lipscomb rated 8th best NIT team by Kenpom, but gets #5 seed. Toledo 11th best but gets 6 seed. X is 15th but hosts Toledo as a 3.
  • RedseaRedsea Senior Barfly
    CMU in the CBI. At Depaul
    Redhawks16
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Wright State at Clemson

Dayton at Colorado
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Outside of Buffalo, only two MAC teams get postseason bids?
    Redskin89
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Bowling Green said no thanks to the minor ones.
    Re6H5wk
    19goSkins said:

I don't see why. They were picked last coming into this season and greatly overachieved. Why not accept a postseason bid and build toward next season?
    Kent State is in the CiT. at louisiana monroe
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    edited March 18
    Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

I don't see why. They were picked last coming into this season and greatly overachieved. Why not accept a postseason bid and build toward next season?
    Because the lower-tier tournaments are money pits and paying for that privilege wasn't in the budget for this year.  
    DevilGrad said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

Because the lower-tier tournaments are money pits and paying for that privilege wasn't in the budget for this year.  
    Isn't that only if you host?
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Kent is hitchhiking to Louisiana?  
    grumpy1
    Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

=>Can't afford it.

DevilGrad said:

Kent is hitchhiking to Louisiana?  

=>Miami would not got to La-Mo for a made up bowl game but Kent will for a made up postseason basketball tournament. Score one for the Flashes.

Toledo (underserved), CMU, and Kent all on the road. It will be the great MAC season that never was.

• redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

=>Can't afford it.

They have a hockey program to fund.

mollauttRe6H5wk
    redhawk11 said:

mollautt said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

=>Can't afford it.

=>You know it was a factor.

This is something I would use against Bowling Green if I was recruiting against them. What show was little care they give for their basketball program.

• killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Redsea said:

Kent State is in the CiT. at louisiana monroe

It's the Lou Henson Classic game.  Per the CIT website:  “Get the Trophy and Advance.”
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Wright State at Clemson

Dayton at Colorado

BROWNELL BOWL
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    mollautt said:

redhawk11 said:

mollautt said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

=>Can't afford it.

This is something I would use against Bowling Green if I was recruiting against them. What show was little care they give for their basketball program.

This is actually wildly inaccurate. They have significant funding (private) for both sports.

Hoops - Bill Fracke left huge $$
    Pucks - Scott Slater
    19goSkins said:

mollautt said:

redhawk11 said:

mollautt said:

Re6H5wk said:

19goSkins said:

=>Can't afford it.

This is actually wildly inaccurate. They have significant funding (private) for both sports.

Hoops - Bill Fracke left huge $$
    Pucks - Scott Slater
    =>Not wrong. $ is the reason Bee Gees not playing. To say that hockey is it a drain on BG is very inaccurate if Bee Gees Administration is to be believed.

I thought i read that BG was going to accept an invite to one of those tournaments when asked on Friday but that the team voted against it after Saturdays loss
    Redsea said:

I thought i read that BG was going to accept an invite to one of those tournaments when asked on Friday but that the team voted against it after Saturdays loss

=>Where did you see that the team voted on it? News to me.

I am hearing the admin came in and squashed the talk.

mollautt said:

Redsea said:

The Toledo Blade. Look at Friday and Saturday.

Wright State at Clemson

Dayton at Colorado

BROWNELL BOWL
    This will be interesting, considering how WSU's AD treated Donlon on the way out.  Brownell wasn't too happy about it.

Redsea said:

mollautt said:

Redsea said:

The Toledo Blade. Look at Friday and Saturday.
    =>I read that earlier today. It is coach's speak because they can't say "our college will not pony up."

Illogical that a team that won 20+ games, beat UB, finishes 3rd in a unusually strong MAC, and lost in a dogfight in conference tournament final would "overnight" suddenly not want to play in the postseason. I think Falcon players have more heart than that. These are D1 athletes who have been spending countless hours in the gym, weight room, etc to lead up to this moment. They are on scholarship to play basketball. Total weak sauce.

Forget about the underground whispers, this doesn't pass the smell test. It is $$$

redhawk11hawkattack06Re6H5wk
    =>Hoosiers win big without Romeo Langford. Trailed by 6 at half.
    mollautt said:

We're so happy for you.
    mollautt

Wright State at Clemson

Dayton at Colorado

BROWNELL BOWL
    This will be interesting, considering how WSU's AD treated Donlon on the way out.  Brownell wasn't too happy about it.

Wright State was back and forth at Clemson last night, Tigers won 75-69

Dayton had the lead, at times, in Boulder, but the Buffalos won 78-73

Rough night for the teams of the Gem City.  But if you include the First Four games going on, it was an amazing representation of the college basketball level, here, in Dayton.
  • bpatbpat Senior Barfly
    mollautt said:

They were dipping the torches in oil outside at half time. Seriously, I think if they would've lost the coach would've needed to go into hiding. IU has lost more basketball games since Bob Knight's departure than Knight ever lost in his entire tenure there as coach.
    dave67
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Bump
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Minor tournament discussion goes here.