Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WNIT

Anybody know what the guarantee is to get a home game?

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Teams bid without knowing what the other team is bidding.
    grumpy1
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Looks like ESPN accidentally displayed the women's NCAA bracket on air this afternoon, and as a result, they are moving the women's selection show from 7 PM to 5 PM eastern.  Great job, guys!

NOTABLE FIRST ROUND MATCHUP: Central Michigan (8) vs. Michigan State (9) in South Bend.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later about the WNIT given all this.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    OU was left out in the leaked bracket...
  • DevilGradDevilGrad Wealthy Alum
    Well, that should be a ratings bonanza for the Four Letter.  
    Officially no OU in the NCAA, despite a 27-5 record and #34 RPI.

WNIT has announced it is still waiting until 9 p.m. eastern as previously planned to release the bracket.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Officially no OU in the NCAA, despite a 27-5 record and #34 RPI.

WNIT has announced it is still waiting until 9 p.m. eastern as previously planned to release the bracket.
    Good. I'm an equal opportunity hater of all things OU.
    dave67
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited March 18
    Ohio, Miami, Kent, and Toledo are all officially in the WNIT.  Brackets to be released around 10:15.  First round games are Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
    WKU at Miami on Thursday. Waiting for time.
    Re6H5wk
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Isn’t that sweet?
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    If we win, we play winner of Morehead Sat at Ohio State.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Western Kentucky has  a long history of good women's basketball.  UC just hired their coach and this was her first season at UC, and they were much improved this season.  WKU played a very difficult non league schedule, their overall SOS is #56.  On the year they went 18-14 ( 12-6) with an RPI of #96.  CUSA  was the 14th rated conference.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Do they not seed in the WNIT like the men now do?
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    WNIT game and Green Beer Day on the same day!
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum

Can we schedule tipoff for 5 AM?
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Pretty cool that Miami put in the investment to host this game.  I know a lot of posters here won't see the value in it because it's funding that wasn't spent on men's basketball but it's awesome to reward the great job this team has done.
    grumpy1
  • VoxRedHawksVoxRedHawks Dodds God

WNIT game a year ago was also played on Green Beer Day!
    Professor_FateDICK
    Try not to slur your speech during the broadcast, sir.  
    Re6H5wk
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum

Vox, I believe this is another “Miami Tradition” that can be added to the list.

Funny story, I was talking to a friend, over the weekend, how for a few years the last men’s basketball regular season game was played on Green Beer Day. I do remember in 2010 or 2011, bringing my dad down to the game and eating dinner at Bruno’s before the game. He had never been to Miami for a Green Beer Day and he was amazed at it all. Especially the guy dressed as a green bear. I don’t remember if Miami won, but that was fun!
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Game is at 7:00 Thursday in Millett.  General admission tickets are $8, Youth $6, Courtside seating $10.  I am assuming that students get in free on their ID.
    DevilGrad said:

Try not to slur your speech during the broadcast, sir.  

I don't need Green Beer Day to do that! Old age is setting in!
    dave67Re6H5wk
    DICK said:

Game is at 7:00 Thursday in Millett.  General admission tickets are $8, Youth $6, Courtside seating $10.  I am assuming that students get in free on their ID.

The first 500 students are in free courtesy of David Sayler!
    DICKredhawk11Re6H5wk

Funny story, I was talking to a friend, over the weekend, how for a few years the last men’s basketball regular season game was played on Green Beer Day. I do remember in 2010 or 2011, bringing my dad down to the game and eating dinner at Bruno’s before the game. He had never been to Miami for a Green Beer Day and he was amazed at it all. Especially the guy dressed as a green bear. I don’t remember if Miami won, but that was fun!
    I do remember that game! I've lived in the town for the vast majority of my life and I can say that i have completely avoided the Uptown area every year. I have done it especially over the last 6 years because I really don't want to run into my kids! :)

Professor_FateDevilGradthechuck_2112redhawk11dave67
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Off-Campus Slummer

DICK said:

All students get in free courtesy of their student fees.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly

DICK said:

I don't think that is the case for tournament games.

DICK said:

Students gotta pay. Postseason tournaments aren't covered by student fees.

I do remember that game! I've lived in the town for the vast majority of my life and I can say that i have completely avoided the Uptown area every year. I have done it especially over the last 6 years because I really don't want to run into my kids! :)

Two things:  (1) This is very sound policy; and (2) how the hell is it that we have college-aged kids already?
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    DevilGrad said:

Two things:  (1) This is very sound policy; and (2) how the hell is it that we have college-aged kids already?
    And then, there are those of us with grandchildren who have graduated from Miami. :D
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

DICK said:

Time to raise the student fees another $500/ year....the money obtained will be stored for future head coach buyouts. Makes perfect sense.
    Like who really counts who pays for tournament games at our level?
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Renmanco said:

DICK said:

Time to raise the student fees another $500/ year....the money obtained will be stored for future head coach buyouts. Makes perfect sense.
    Like who really counts who pays for tournament games at our level?
    Why not? Tuition is already pretty reasonably priced.