Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Fantasy Baseball 2019

EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
edited March 31 in General
Today is typically when DL-designated players create open roster spots. Typically 1-3 spots are available. so pick up a few players.

Ryan Braun may be available for tomorrow's games, where you'll likely have an open OF, 1B, or Util spot needed to fill.
UptownHawk

Comments

• EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Braun smacks a homer tonight with 3 rbis and 5 tbs.

Tim Beckham is  hot pickup in many leagues. He's 3b AND ss eligible. And no...He won't keep up this pace.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Should I believe in Trevor Richards? That changeup is nasty.
    He was pretty impressive his last two starts last year, and pitched well yesterday. If you have at least 12 teams in the league with a decent bench size, he's probably good to have. He's available in a lot of leagues.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Trevor Rosenthal sucks!
    The_Sackmanredhawk11
    Need holds? Need a pitcher with a decent ERA and WHIP? And here's the clincher...He's SP-eligible so you can plug him in almost every day unless you have 3-4 starters pitching that day.  SP-eligible relievers  are golden, if they provide good numbers.

Seth Lugo
    EDDIE said:

Braun smacks a homer tonight with 3 rbis and 5 tbs.

Tim Beckham is  hot pickup in many leagues. He's 3b AND ss eligible. And no...He won't keep up this pace.
    I have Schoop (who I hate) as my starting SS but I'm already prepared to cut him after two games. Would you roll with Beckham for the rest of the season over Schoop (who, again, I hate)?
    I think it's too early to get rid of him. He's not 100% right now, and he should rebound. It was only two years ago when he had that big season.
    The_Sackman
    Pederson's average "dropped" to .467. The power is there, but can he hit higher than ,250? He actually picks up a few walks, which helps a little.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    The Dodgers have so much depth that all their stars sit out a  bunch of games.  If you own Pederson, realize he is a platoon player with great power but mediocre BA ( at least until this year, when he has been ripping).
    Need a closer? Swarzak (Seattle) is probably available. Of course, if you like blown saves and erratic pitching, you'll get that as an included bonus!

How old is Adam Jones? About as old as Andruw Jones! Anyhow, Adam can still hit!
    DICK said:

Trevor Rosenthal sucks!

bump for truth
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum

DICK said:

Trevor Rosenthal sucks!

bump for truth
    3 appearances so far and his ERA is infinity as he has not yet retired a batter.  And I drafted him for holds!  Got rid of him after his second appearance, butI I have not gotten rid of the damage done to my ERA.
    Ottavino is available in many leagues. Not the greatest control (too many walks), but should keep a great WHIP anyhow. Plenty of holds.
    Adam Jones and Ryan Braun with hrs today (last night).
    I picked up former #1 pick Dansby Swanson today. He has power and speed, and since he's going to be a back end fill-in-a-spot type of player on my roster, it was worth getting rid of an extra outfielder.

His solid defense should gurantee a lot of at bats for him.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    EDDIE said:

I picked up former #1 pick Dansby Swanson today. He has power and speed, and since he's going to be a back end fill-in-a-spot type of player on my roster, it was worth getting rid of an extra outfielder.

His solid defense should gurantee a lot of at bats for him.
    I picked him up Friday, and he had a productive weekend.
    At Colorado for a series, so that solid production should continue.
    Not ready to pick up Chris Davis yet, despite that the streak is over!
    redhawk11