Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

College Basketball Three Point Competiton Last Night-Amazing!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Last night, Presley Hudson, of CMU's womens team, put on perhaps the most amazing three point shooting display I have ever seen in a 3 point contest. She not only won the womens, but she beat Clayton Custer of Loyola in the final by 10, to win the whole thing. I believe she made 77 out of 100 shots in 4 rounds. Just amazing. Best part was CJ Massingburg who chest bumped her after she won. He competed in the mens. Here is some video. Congrats Presley! Way to represent the MAC!! 

redhawk11DICK

Comments

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    She scored 25 out of 30 points in the final round and would have had 27, but she Nick Young'd the money ball on the final rack. At one point she made 14 in a row. One of the most impressive performances I've seen in a 3 point shootout at any level.
    DICK
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    I watched the whole thing. Loved it. Loved how the other competitors mobbed her at the end. Hudson scored over 2500 points in her career at CMU. She can play!
    DICK
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited April 5
    Bluesman said:

I watched the whole thing. Loved it. Loved how the other competitors mobbed her at the end. Hudson scored over 2500 points in her career at CMU. She can play!

Perhaps the best clutch shot of the entire NCAA men's and women's postseason was in the MAC quarterfinals when Central was down 3 with less than 5 seconds to go, length of the court, and Hudson flew up court and launched a 3 just before the horn and hit it.

On the other hand, when we beat CMU at Mt. Pleasant in January, Leah Purvis shut her 3 point shooting down.  She was 0 for 5 and only had 10 points.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    DICK said:

Bluesman said:

On the other hand, when we beat CMU at Mt. Pleasant in January, Leah Purvis shut her 3 point shooting down.  She was 0 for 5 and only had 10 points.
    https://twitter.com/EvanPetzold/status/1085722535335993344
    DICK