Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

QB???

DavearamaDavearama Dodds God
What do we hear about QB battle?  Anyone---

Comments

• BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    It is between AJ Meyer and Jackson Williamson. Both have been taking turns with the 1's and Chuck said yesterday it may go down to the wire and first game.  Also, Brett Gabbert will be given a look when he gets to campus but I would expect it will be AJ or Jackson. So expect to see both in practice and scrimmages with the 1's. And FYI Peter Nank appears to be the new LG and Skibinski at OT. 
    agcChrisW1980
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    they are practicing?  how about that...

;D
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    When I saw the headline I thought someone might have been looking through my old tweets and my high school yearbook.
    dave67
  • aba222aba222 Havighurstite
    Love watching the team but hate having to listen to CM. What a schmuck.
    DICK
  • slfslf Summer Orientee
    Also put in football recruiting thread, but add a freshman to the mix (though he could redshirt and certainly won't be a starting candidate right away):  https://twitter.com/Ben_Tarpey_12
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Spring game report??? 
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    News reporter from cincy said Mayer was the best
    The_Sackman
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    I did not think that either one distinguished themselves from the other.

Mayer is bigger and looks to have a stronger arm. He obviously is a good athlete.

Williamson made some nice throws and had a really good scramble on one play. He also has the advantage of having been in the program for an additional year.

QB is the hardest position to project from practice to games. Decision making under pressure is hard to duplicate in other than other game situations.

Coach Martin seemed to suggest after the game that both would see action in early games, especially in Iowa and OSU games. See who handles it best.
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

Coach Martin seemed to suggest after the game that both would see action in early games, especially in Iowa and OSU games. See who handles it best.

Are we going to have a wildcat/short-yardage QB too? We could bring back the three quarterback system from 2015 that everyone loved so much and which had no problems whatsoever.
    grumpy1MHT_Meme_Team
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    laxdaddy said:

I did not think that either one distinguished themselves from the other.

Mayer is bigger and looks to have a stronger arm. He obviously is a good athlete.

Williamson made some nice throws and had a really good scramble on one play. He also has the advantage of having been in the program for an additional year.

QB is the hardest position to project from practice to games. Decision making under pressure is hard to duplicate in other than other game situations.

Here's the article from the Hamilton Journal News