Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Attractions / 45 East Bar & Grill and Follet's Old Sites

killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
edited April 17 in Miami Memos
http://miamistudent.net/changes-coming-to-historic-buildings-in-uptown-district/

It appears changes are coming to Uptown Oxford.  It will be interesting to see the plans.  

Did the Weisman's open up another restaurant in Oxford after 45 East Bar & Grill closed?

Comments

• icepicsicepics Havighurstite
    I don't know, I was going to ask the name of the bar that was in the location of the Co-op many years ago, but I remembered it was the Boar's Head.

What kind of storage tanks are underneath that have to be removed, beer tanks?? I doubt it but don't know if I want to know what's been under there all these years.
    Nescacdad
  • D_DayD_Day Senior Barfly
    I think I heard that long ago, before the Boars Head that there was a gas station located somewhere in that 1/4 of the block, either on High Street or Poplar Street or in the alley.
  • NescacdadNescacdad Senior Barfly
    icepics said:

I don't know, I was going to ask the name of the bar that was in the location of the Co-op many years ago, but I remembered it was the Boar's Head.

What kind of storage tanks are underneath that have to be removed, beer tanks?? I doubt it but don't know if I want to know what's been under there all these years.
    I think that’s where they kept the green beer.
    icepics
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    Oh goody! more apartments uptown
  • icepicsicepics Havighurstite
    That would explain the green...
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    D_Day said:

D_Day said:

I think I heard that long ago, before the Boars Head that there was a gas station located somewhere in that 1/4 of the block, either on High Street or Poplar Street or in the alley.

I remember a "5 &10" kind of store in '63+ that closed and hence the Boars Head opened with the Lemon Pipers and their one hit "Green Tambourine" 

Of course, Ivan and the Sabres were a precursor group as they practiced aside the Fiji house whilst I studied [with an open window] next door in the old TKE house that gave way to a Denny's (with pool hall upstairs) and now the DuBois book emporium.
    skin66
  • WellsGoddess944302WellsGoddess944302 Wealthy Alum
    edited May 29
    As I remember, Ozzie's was once where DuBois is now
    Mowch
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    How is it that all you drunks relate everything to where a bar used to be. I never once set foot in a drinking establishment while I was a student. Of course I may not be remembering correctly.
    D_Daydave67redhawk11Bash_RiprockDICK
    For skin66: how do you spell lobotomy? And, when did you have one?
    :D :D :D
    dave67 said:

I forget.
    dave67
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

dave67 said:

I forget.
    They always say the second thing to go is your memory.

skin66 said:

dave67 said:

I forget.
    They always say the second thing to go is your memory.

OK, I am two for two.
    What were we talking about???