Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

WBB HC Search

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited April 18 in Women's Basketball
Here are a few names to consider, and I think any of the three would be excellent choices:

Ke’Sha Blanton-on Duffy’s staff at Miami. Not going to Marquette. Head recruiter for Megan.

Colleen Day-Former Miami player and an assistant coach under Cleve Wright

Rene Haynes-assistant at Duke. Formerly on coaching staff at Western Michigan and has ties to Ohio.

Comments

• 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly
    Nobody can compare to Megan. I’m heartbroken and unable to think about the future.
    ChrisW1980
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Not one person mentioned Megan before David Saylor announced her.  I think the first two names on your list would be good, don't know the third.  Our job should be more attractive than it was when we got Duffy, so maybe our AD has some top applicants.
    ChrisW1980
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    Ke’Sha Blanton seems to connect really well with the players, and is capable to get the job done.
    DICK said:

Not one person mentioned Megan before David Saylor announced her.  I think the first two names on your list would be good, don't know the third.  Our job should be more attractive than it was when we got Duffy, so maybe our AD has some top applicants.

Very true. Maybe we’ll get another surprise like John Cooper (ducking)?
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    edited April 19
    UNC now looking too, although obviously a different set of candidates.
  • gentbaseball12gentbaseball12 Off-Campus Slummer
    I mentioned Heather Oesterle - former Miami assistant now Associate HC at CMU - in another thread as someone worth looking at. Eight seasons at CMU and they’ve certainly been the MAC cream of the crop lately.
    DICK
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    19goSkins said:

Nobody can compare to Megan. I’m heartbroken and unable to think about the future.

Let's stick to basketball!! 
    ;D
    Bash_Riprockdave67ChrisW1980
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    DeUnna Hendrix it is. From High Point. Hopefully, this isn't her Low Point.
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    edited April 23

DeUnna Hendrix it is. From High Point. Hopefully, this isn't her Low Point.

congrats on the hire.

perhaps she can bring former Alter standout Emma Bockrath with her:

Big South POY as a Sophomore!  CLICK HERE.
    edited April 23
    Welcome aboard DeUnna Hendrix!! Looks like a fine hire and hopefully someone that will want to make Miami her home for awhile and continue the success that Megan Duffy started!! 

I like this hire. Relatively young, some ties locally. Maybe open a little new recruiting territory for us with her HPU and Jacksonville U connections in the Big South. I do hope she keeps Ke'Sha Blanton on staff as one of her assistants. 
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    4 Ohio girls on the roster which means she must know her way around the Ohio recruiting trail pretty well.

I remember when High Point played us this year. Her team played hard and appeared well coached.

She must have liked the visit and what she saw while she was in Oxford.
    FYI Rene Haynes who was in the running for the Miami job was just named the new HC at LIU Brooklyn. 
    edited April 23
    laxdaddy said:

4 Ohio girls on the roster which means she must know her way around the Ohio recruiting trail pretty well.

I remember when High Point played us this year. Her team played hard and appeared well coached.

She must have liked the visit and what she saw while she was in Oxford.
    If she can recruit players like Emma Bockrath and Shea Morgan to Miami we will be in great shape!! Hendrix was also in the running as next HC at her alma mater University of Richmond. Hendrix had signed a four year extension with HPU in July 2017.
    Scalper
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Really do hope Bockrath transfers to Miami. The NCAA is easing up on allowing eligibility right away if coaching change
    Spanks004 said:

Really do hope Bockrath transfers to Miami. The NCAA is easing up on allowing eligibility right away if coaching change

The NCAA would really have to ease up on her eligibility.

She is listed as a senior at HIgh Point who has played 4 years.

She isn't coming unless as a grad assistant on the coaching staff.

laxdaddy said:

Spanks004 said:

The NCAA would really have to ease up on her eligibility.

She is listed as a senior at HIgh Point who has played 4 years.

She isn't coming unless as a grad assistant on the coaching staff.

Oh I thought someone said she was a soph
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Bluesman said:

Welcome aboard DeUnna Hendrix!! Looks like a fine hire and hopefully someone that will want to make Miami her home for awhile and continue the success that Megan Duffy started!! 

I like this hire. Relatively young, some ties locally. Maybe open a little new recruiting territory for us with her HPU and Jacksonville U connections in the Big South. I do hope she keeps Ke'Sha Blanton on staff as one of her assistants. 
    So we can assume her name is really DeAnna?
    grumpy1

Bluesman said:

Umm no...not sure if this was you trying to be funny or something else...
  • HighStreetBluesHighStreetBlues Senior Barfly
    Hendrix is a good hire. She might not have the lightning in a bottle aspect that Duffy brought, but she's consistent. She's won 20+ games in half of her seasons, is from Kokomo, IN, has recruited Indiana/Ohio well, comes from a good coaching tree, isn't a first time head coach, and like Duffy, you'll like what she says in interviews and how she represents Miami. 

The MAC is a step up, we beat High Point by 13 last year, but I think this is about as safe a hire with good ceiling potential as we could have made. 

Welcome!
    DICKAORedHawk33Bash_Riprockthechuck_2112

Bluesman said:

Her name is not DeAnna. But the first email I got did spell athletics wrong. And it wasn’t even support to say that.

Email 1: Miami athetics and Director of Athletics David Sayler...

Email 2: Miami University Director of Athletics David Sayler
    skin66
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Is it DeUnna or DeUnnae?
    grumpy1Bash_Riprock
  • UptownHawkUptownHawk Dodds God
    Sayler said at the hockey banquet that he was looking at someone he had seen coach in person and had remembered because of the way she coached the game and the way her team played. He was impressed at that time.
    dave67
    Sayler said at the hockey banquet that he was looking at someone he had seen coach in person and had remembered because of the way she coached the game and the way her team played. He was impressed at that time.
    Reminds me of something Brad Bates said about John Cooper when he hired him. Advice to DS—-some things are better left unsaid.
    skin66redhawk11
  • QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

Bluesman said:

Umm no...not sure if this was you trying to be funny or something else...
    I'm pretty sure it's a joke about how we misspelled the name of one of our recruits in an announcement welcoming him to the program (which is a real thing that happened and as of right now still hasn't been corrected).
    AORedHawk33redhawk11Re6H5wk
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum

Hendrix is a good hire. She might not have the lightning in a bottle aspect that Duffy brought, but she's consistent. She's won 20+ games in half of her seasons, is from Kokomo, IN, has recruited Indiana/Ohio well, comes from a good coaching tree, isn't a first time head coach, and like Duffy, you'll like what she says in interviews and how she represents Miami. 

The MAC is a step up, we beat High Point by 13 last year, but I think this is about as safe a hire with good ceiling potential as we could have made. 

Welcome!
    She's also a Richmond Spider (from her college playing days).
  • adyonkaadyonka Wealthy Alum
    The thread of various college team names has been split to another topic. https://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/discussion/4392/college-team-names
    edited April 24
    Her is video of the press conference today introducing Coach Hendrix. And I am sure the ball Sayler gave her will be up for auction in the near future!!  ;D xP 

• IndyHawkFanIndyHawkFan Summer Orientee
    Why would you not edit out the first 10+ minutes of that press conference video?
    Iam4hawksgrumpy1
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Because no one checks the feed. We get 10 minutes of gibberish. Pathetic. Not the first time this has happened. No way to run a railroads
  • VoxRedHawksVoxRedHawks Dodds God
    edited April 25

Why would you not edit out the first 10+ minutes of that press conference video?

We start the feed early so people can join and know that it is up and running. The archive is put up by the folks the host the website and not my department. They put the feed up as is. Sorry for the inconvenience of the 10 minute front end. 

If you would like to watch the edited version it is available at 
    TruckCrewBash_Riprock