Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC and the 2019 NFL Draft

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Pretty good draft for the MAC, as the MAC had 9 players drafted, if I have counted correctly. May have missed one or two. I don't know how the numbers typically look, but it seemed as though more MAC players were drafted than usual and I would guess several more are signed today and tomorrow as free agents. Somewhat surprised Anthony Johnson of UB wasn't drafted. Have to assume some team signs him as a free agent. Really hoping Kenny Young and Nate Becker in particular get signed.

Comments

• BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Nate Becker just signed by the Lions! Congratulations Nate!!
    JiveHawkRe6H5wkChiefPanicskin66agcBash_Riprockbpatmama44killgas20
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite
    James Gardner?
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum

James Gardner?

Should be training for his senior season
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    No Buffalo Bulls drafted.

Deep in the MHT football forum are some Freezing Cold Takes regarding Anthony Johnson’s draft stock.
  • FootbalheadFootbalhead Havighurstite

James Gardner?

At Miami?
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum

No Buffalo Bulls drafted.

Deep in the MHT football forum are some Freezing Cold Takes regarding Anthony Johnson’s draft stock.

Yahoo! Sports assessment of Buffalo’s Tyree Jackson declaring early and not being drafted

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-snub-of-qb-tyree-jackson-shows-his-bad-gamble-and-unreasonable-ncaa-inflexibility-235546578.html
  • agcagc Off-Campus Slummer

James Gardner?

Is he allowed to? After declaring for the NFL draft? I can only imagine how dominant Gardner and Jackson would be during their senior years.
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    From what I have heard, Gardner will not be on the team in 2019
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

James Gardner?

Is he allowed to? After declaring for the NFL draft? I can only imagine how dominant Gardner and Jackson would be during their senior years.
    Jackson? The QB? He's a RS Fr that hasn't separated from Mayer.
    JiveHawk said:

agc said:

James Gardner?

Guessing Tyree Jackson who signed a free agent deal with the Bills...
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

JiveHawk said:

agc said:

James Gardner?

That would make more sense. I was really confused how Williamson and Gardner could have senior seasons together. But Tyree and Gardner would really tear up the MAC this season. It's a shame that they're hardly getting a look elsewhere now. Gardner running an absurdly low 40 time seems to have killed all his buzz.
    CycloneAl
    JiveHawk said:

Spanks004 said:

JiveHawk said:

agc said:

James Gardner?

That would make more sense. I was really confused how Williamson and Gardner could have senior seasons together. But Tyree and Gardner would really tear up the MAC this season. It's a shame that they're hardly getting a look elsewhere now. Gardner running an absurdly low 40 time seems to have killed all his buzz.
    And not really playing last year...
  • agcagc Off-Campus Slummer
    JiveHawk said:

Spanks004 said:

JiveHawk said:

agc said:

James Gardner?

Yeah, I messed up my post. It was about Tyree and Gardner. I kind of understand Gardner being apprehensive, for the lack of a better word, and try the NFL (new QB, injuries, etc.). But Tyree, we would completely dominate this year.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Kenny Young got a minicamp invite from the Ravens. Congrats and good luck Kenny!
    redhawk11agcBash_RiprockLove_and_HonorAORedHawk33skin66killgas20
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    James Gardner got a minicamp invite from the Bills. Good luck!
    killgas20agc