Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

The benevolence of Saint Grayson Allen

This article certainly has changed my view of him.

https://balldurham.com/2019/07/12/duke-basketball-grayson-allen-victim/
agc

Comments

• agcagc Havighurstite
    I watched that game. I couldn't believe they ejected Grayson. I agree with the article. ESPN seems to be helping the NBA and NCAA in their apparent efforts towards making basketball a game for the weak. I confess I miss Metta World Peace, Rodman, Piston bad boys, and the likes. It was fun watching the NBA ...
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum

Not me
    Professor_Fate
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Nickskin said:

Not me
    Nor me. He has enough talent to play in the NBA. He just has no class in doing so.
    NickskinProfessor_Fate
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

I watched that game. I couldn't believe they ejected Grayson. I agree with the article. ESPN seems to be helping the NBA and NCAA in their apparent efforts towards making basketball a game for the weak. I confess I miss Metta World Peace, Rodman, Piston bad boys, and the likes. It was fun watching the NBA ...

“Basketball a game for the weak"
    Keep these takes coming, please.

Professor_Fateyanksalex
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

It changed my view, too. I didn't realize what a perfect subject of satire he was until I read this article...that somehow isn't satire.

Professor_FateMHT_Meme_Team
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Nickskin said:

Not me
    I should have ended my posted with #Sarcasm
    redhawk11DICK
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    All who are not big time hoops fans feel that the game is for the weak

AORedHawk33redhawk11
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    redhawk11 said:

agc said:

“Basketball a game for the weak"
    Keep these takes coming, please.

You again? Dude, I am married, OK? :)

On a more serious note, ain't that true? Physical contact is a thing from the past now. These silly rules are killing the big guys/traditional centers (see Dwight Howard for example). 10 years ago, the second flagrant by Grayson would be just a foul. 20-30 years ago it would be absolutely nothing. For those beyond 55 like me who played/followed the game, you might remember the unofficial, but widely followed rule: "he touched the ball first, so no foul". Not only that, but the game is now a 3-pt contest and getting terribly boring with all these review stops. And what really bothers me is the ESPN broadcasters yelling "GET THIS GUY OUT" GET THIS GUY OUT" a few feet away from the refs when a call was not yet made.  
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    Iam4hawks said:

All who are not big time hoops fans feel that the game is for the weak

Brilliant generalization .... 
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    I don't particularly like either Allen or Dakich.  Don't know the other announcer.  The author seemed like a total Duke homer and possessed zero objectivity.  Now the Williams guy that he fouled seemed like a classy guy.   At least there was one.
    agc
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Even if you think that the game should be more physical or what not, Allen should know better. He's in the summer league, auditioning for a NBA spot. Showing that you can be riled up and drawn into commiting fouls is idiotic.
    agcDICK
  • agcagc Havighurstite
    edited July 14
    MooreHawk said:

Even if you think that the game should be more physical or what not, Allen should know better. He's in the summer league, auditioning for a NBA spot. Showing that you can be riled up and drawn into commiting fouls is idiotic.

Oh yeah, any drunk kid at Brick Street has a better judgement and decision making skills than him. I will be surprised if he is not playing in Europe or China a couple of years from now. My point was more related to the article. First, I saw no reason for the ejection. And second, the ESPN guys crossed a dangerous line. Look at the video: one broadcaster literally tells the ref (and even makes gestures) saying "get him out".
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

MooreHawk said:

Oh yeah, any drunk kid at Brick Street has a better judgement and decision making skills than him. I will be surprised if he is not playing in Europe or China a couple of years from now. My point was more related to the article. First, I saw no reason for the ejection. And second, the ESPN guys crossed a dangerous line. Look at the video: one broadcaster literally tells the ref (and even makes gestures) saying "get him out".
    The ejection was for it being his second technical, no?
    AORedHawk33
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Still stealing our trademark I see.