Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

The benevolence of Saint Grayson Allen

Comments

• agcagc Off-Campus Slummer
    I watched that game. I couldn't believe they ejected Grayson. I agree with the article. ESPN seems to be helping the NBA and NCAA in their apparent efforts towards making basketball a game for the weak. I confess I miss Metta World Peace, Rodman, Piston bad boys, and the likes. It was fun watching the NBA ...
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum

This article certainly has changed my view of him.

https://balldurham.com/2019/07/12/duke-basketball-grayson-allen-victim/

Not me
    Professor_Fate
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Nickskin said:

Not me
    Nor me. He has enough talent to play in the NBA. He just has no class in doing so.
    NickskinProfessor_Fate
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

I watched that game. I couldn't believe they ejected Grayson. I agree with the article. ESPN seems to be helping the NBA and NCAA in their apparent efforts towards making basketball a game for the weak. I confess I miss Metta World Peace, Rodman, Piston bad boys, and the likes. It was fun watching the NBA ...

“Basketball a game for the weak"
    Keep these takes coming, please.

Professor_Fateyanksalex
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

It changed my view, too. I didn't realize what a perfect subject of satire he was until I read this article...that somehow isn't satire.

Professor_FateMHT_Meme_Team
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Nickskin said:

Not me
    I should have ended my posted with #Sarcasm
    redhawk11DICK
  • Iam4hawksIam4hawks Senior Barfly
    All who are not big time hoops fans feel that the game is for the weak

AORedHawk33redhawk11
    redhawk11 said:

agc said:

“Basketball a game for the weak"
    Keep these takes coming, please.

You again? Dude, I am married, OK? :)

On a more serious note, ain't that true? Physical contact is a thing from the past now. These silly rules are killing the big guys/traditional centers (see Dwight Howard for example). 10 years ago, the second flagrant by Grayson would be just a foul. 20-30 years ago it would be absolutely nothing. For those beyond 55 like me who played/followed the game, you might remember the unofficial, but widely followed rule: "he touched the ball first, so no foul". Not only that, but the game is now a 3-pt contest and getting terribly boring with all these review stops. And what really bothers me is the ESPN broadcasters yelling "GET THIS GUY OUT" GET THIS GUY OUT" a few feet away from the refs when a call was not yet made.  
    Iam4hawks said:

All who are not big time hoops fans feel that the game is for the weak

Brilliant generalization .... 
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    I don't particularly like either Allen or Dakich.  Don't know the other announcer.  The author seemed like a total Duke homer and possessed zero objectivity.  Now the Williams guy that he fouled seemed like a classy guy.   At least there was one.
    agc
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Even if you think that the game should be more physical or what not, Allen should know better. He's in the summer league, auditioning for a NBA spot. Showing that you can be riled up and drawn into commiting fouls is idiotic.
    agcDICK
    edited July 2019
    MooreHawk said:

Even if you think that the game should be more physical or what not, Allen should know better. He's in the summer league, auditioning for a NBA spot. Showing that you can be riled up and drawn into commiting fouls is idiotic.

Oh yeah, any drunk kid at Brick Street has a better judgement and decision making skills than him. I will be surprised if he is not playing in Europe or China a couple of years from now. My point was more related to the article. First, I saw no reason for the ejection. And second, the ESPN guys crossed a dangerous line. Look at the video: one broadcaster literally tells the ref (and even makes gestures) saying "get him out".
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    agc said:

MooreHawk said:

Oh yeah, any drunk kid at Brick Street has a better judgement and decision making skills than him. I will be surprised if he is not playing in Europe or China a couple of years from now. My point was more related to the article. First, I saw no reason for the ejection. And second, the ESPN guys crossed a dangerous line. Look at the video: one broadcaster literally tells the ref (and even makes gestures) saying "get him out".
    The ejection was for it being his second technical, no?
    AORedHawk33
  • 2xHawk2xHawk Senior Barfly
    Still stealing our trademark I see.