Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Staff turnover

RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
Just had a thought. Does anyone here know if Miami's ICA staff turnover (admins and coaches) is higher or lower than other MAC schools?

I don't know where this data might be obtainable....but it might be "interesting" to see how we compare with our peers.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Comments

• MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    I'd imagine it is on par with other like institutions. Our department seems to follow the coach's model as a stepping stone to larger departments and a higher salary.
  • Hawks05Hawks05 Dodds God
    edited July 16

Other administrators across the country think pretty highly of Miami; at least compared to our peers in the MAC.  Miami only ranked behind Buffalo in this recent survey.  Not to say that we don't lose staff to P5 jobs from time to time.

• EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    11s and 12s for EMU across the board.
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum
    I wonder if the other administrators can figure out what Miami needs to win in FB and MBB
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Hawks05 said:

Other administrators across the country think pretty highly of Miami; at least compared to our peers in the MAC.  Miami only ranked behind Buffalo in this recent survey.  Not to say that we don't lose staff to P5 jobs from time to time.

I found it very interesting and re-assuring. I am surprised that football’s potential was worse than basketball. My view is that football has all it needs to be a top 3 program in the league with better facilities, better recruiting opps (no football for X or UD) and rural setting may be less of an issue while basketball has more competition and a worse facility
    DICK
    Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

I found it very interesting and re-assuring. I am surprised that football’s potential was worse than basketball. My view is that football has all it needs to be a top 3 program in the league with better facilities, better recruiting opps (no football for X or UD) and rural setting may be less of an issue while basketball has more competition and a worse facility
    I'd imagine because it only takes one or two players to resurrect a basketball program. Football needs quite a few dominoes to fall....
    MUHawk84 said:

Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

I'd imagine because it only takes one or two players to resurrect a basketball program. Football needs quite a few dominoes to fall....
    Wouldnt that logic be true for all 12 programs?
    Redsea said:

MUHawk84 said:

Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

The dominoes part, or the "1 or 2 players away"?
    1 or 2 players away
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

Wait, wait, wait. Dayton has football. Division 1-AA non-scholarship, but it is football. And quite entertaining too!

Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

Wait, wait, wait. Dayton has football. Division 1-AA non-scholarship, but it is football. And quite entertaining too!
    We arent recruiting against kids going to Dayton for football is I guess my point
    Redsea said:

1 or 2 players away

I feel with basketball, if you get a player or two, you can drastically change the team. Not sure about alot of the other programs....maybe golf, VB....perhaps if you get a program defining player like Ben for football....
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Redsea said:

MUHawk84 said:

Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

Yes, and it looks like in general the FB success metric basically reflects recent performance of those teams whereas the MBB success metric is less linked to that.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Isn’t it pretty incredible that we’ve had ONE winning season in football/basketball in the last decade, and we are still second on this list?
    Renmanco
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum

Isn’t it pretty incredible that we’ve had ONE winning season in football/basketball in the last decade, and we are still second on this list?

Actually, all of the numbers should have been reversed....that'll make some folks happy...like EMU.
  • NickskinNickskin Wealthy Alum

The suggestion by other AD's is that Miami is #2 (almost tied with #1 UB) based upon some of these metrics:

-facilities relative to MAC peers (RANK 1)
    -perceptions about the ability to generate donor & Corporate support (RANK 1)
    -brand (RANK 3)
    -potential for football success (RANK 7)
    -potential for MBB success (RANK 4 - only behind UB, Toledo, Kent)

The question is considering that Miam's peers believe - - - especially for basketball --- that it has the potential for more success, then why doesn't it?  

As for football....being #7 is in the bottom half...despite terrific facilities.  Why do its peers believe that it DOESN'T have the potential for more success?  
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    Nickskin said:

As for football....being #7 is in the bottom half...despite terrific facilities.  Why do its peers believe that it DOESN'T have the potential for more success?  
    Our peers read the "FIRE CHUCK MARTIN" thread from the last two seasons?
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

Nickskin said:

Our peers read the "FIRE CHUCK MARTIN" thread from the last two seasons?
    Best thread in college football. Tony (Sparano) Award winning!
    redhawk11Bash_Riprock
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

Redsea said:

Hawks05 said:

We arent recruiting against kids going to Dayton for football is I guess my point
    Agreed. The Dayton players work hard & do a great job.