Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019-2020

EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
Thoughts from first pre-season game:

Washington played well. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Rudolph will probably be the backup, although Dobbs played OK. Not sure where Hodges fits in. Maybe practice squad unless Dobbs is traded.

Snell isn't very fast, but we knew that. Line didn't help him much.

Bush looked very good.

Hodges

Comments

• Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    I saw Miami alum JT Jones got a lot of run last night. Hoping he can at least grab a spot on the practice squad.
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Senior Barfly
    Snell will be better behind the starting OL.  I focused on Jones when he played and he didn't do anything to help his stock although I have read that he's been impressive in practice.
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Steelers WR Coach Drake passed away today. Only 62.
    JT waived as Steelers add two and waive two.
    Good riddance! $30 million of guaranteed money may be one incident away from going down the drain.

"The Oakland Raiders probably regret their investment into Antonio Brown already, given that the team is planning to suspend the star wide receiver before the season even begins after he got into some kind of incident/altercation/heated argument with GM Mike Mayock, according to a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, Brown had to be "held back by a couple of teammates" when confronting Mayock. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the incident did not get physical, however Brown did say he would punch Mayock -- his boss! -- in the face and then punted a ball, Nick Nolte "Blue Chips" style and told Mayock to fine him for that. You can't even make this stuff up."
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Maybe Maycock needs a new helmet.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    at some point, Steelers fans will stop talking about some player on the Raiders, right?
    MastodonJones69
    Yes. But for the moment, it's rather enjoyable. We love trading wide receivers to Oakland.
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    On the one hand, it's very vindicating to watch, but on the other, very sad that Brown just doesn't get it...
    edited September 7
    Finally! It's over. Brown will play in Week One!

Whoops. Not so fast. Now, with his guaranteed money taken away, Brown says he doesn't want to play for the Raiders.

“Release me Raiders,” he said.

This is so bizarre.

Evidently, there is legal justification to remove the $29 million guarantee. That's a lot of power.
    Released.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    edited September 7
    Everyone (myself included) got on Tomlin for allowing too much drama. In hindsight maybe he was the only reason the team was even functioning.
    Sure seems that way now.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    And now signed with the Pats, which may have been the plan all along. No way the Steelers would trade him there, but if could manage to get himself cut by the Raiders, he could sign with whomever he wanted.

Pats are paying him $15 million. He would have made $15.6 million this year in Oakland.
    I dislike the Pats even more now. Brady's Fantasy value just increased.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    For 20 years, the Pats have beaten the Steelers D with the same 4 or 5 plays. Doesn't matter who the coaches or players are. Screens and the crossing routes.

On the other side...Conner looks like he runs in mud.
    same old song and daaaaance!!!
    Brady teaching a clinic. Tomlin sleeping in class.
    Moncrief sucks.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Hand the Pats the NFL Championship, send them to the beach and let everyone else play for second place.
    Vanilla offensive plays and db woes continue. 15 games left though. Vance!  And late injuries perhaps could have been prevented.
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    Always appreciate when the Sunday night games are over by around 10:15...
    dudis41 said:

Wow...once Pitt was stopped before the half at 17-0 I knew it was over, and that was like 9:30!
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    edited September 9
    MUHawk84 said:

dudis41 said:

Wow...once Pitt was stopped before the half at 17-0 I knew it was over, and that was like 9:30!
    I stupidly gave them the benefit of the doubt after the field goal that they should never have kicked. Mercifully I was put out of my misery like 3 plays later when Kam Kameron puked all over himself all the way back to the AAF or whatever the hell it was.
    Speechless.

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    I think I am ready for his career to be over.  NFL should just suspend him for life.  He may end up in jail.
  • Well someone wanted to give Aaron Hernandez a run for his money.
    CycloneAl
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    AB and the alleged victim were reported to have met during Bible study. So bizarre on so many counts.
    dave67skin66
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Renmanco said:

AB and the alleged victim were reported to have met during Bible study. So bizarre on so many counts.

Supposedly, when he ejaculated on her back, she was showing him a religious video.