Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Mhalicki Bronson - signed with Miami

Mhalicki Bronson (Defiance HS, Defiance, OH): Div 2 state runner up in cross country and ranked third overall in Ohio (15:00.30 - 5K cross country).

DICK

Comments

• grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    Would he rather win a conference championship or a bowl game?
    redhawk11QuinoaburgerLove_and_HonorBash_Riprockthechuck_2112The_SackmanAORedHawk33MooreHawkkillgas20
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    DevilGrad said:

Dude ran fifteen-flat on grass.  He can have whatever preference he wants.  That's a good addition to our program.  

Anyone know what the twins would run In HS? More impressed with his drop of 30 seconds in a year to get to the 15 min mark!
    FraggleHawk
  • Spanks004 said:

DevilGrad said:

Dude ran fifteen-flat on grass.  He can have whatever preference he wants.  That's a good addition to our program.  

Anyone know what the twins would run In HS? More impressed with his drop of 30 seconds in a year to get to the 15 min mark!
    Sean Torpy's best high school XC time was 15:11. Chris' best high school XC time was 15:40.

The top XC time in Ohio this year belongs to Caleb Brown (Shelby HS, Shelby, Ohio). He ran a 14:51 and signed with Wisconsin.

• Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Wow. This team next year with this guy added and the twins back could be a top 15 team?
  • 90skin90skin Wealthy Alum
    I witnessed the state championship race record for Ohio back in 1984. Still stands today.  14:50.2 by Scott Frey of Sandusky Perkins - he went on to Wisconsin.  35 years is a long time.  15 flat isn't far off.  Great pickup for XC.

• Just to give you an idea of what a 15 minute or less high school XC runner can do at the D1 level, a kid from my high school was a 2x Ohio state XC champion (Div 3) with a top time of 14:54. He is currently the #3 runner at #5 Iowa State and all-Big 12 as a sophomore. Miami's new signee Bronson could be a top 5 runner for the Redhawks next year.
  • Spanks004 said:

Wow. This team next year with this guy added and the twins back could be a top 15 team?

Possibly a top 10 team.
  • killgas20killgas20 Senior Barfly
    Thanks to all for putting this in perspective...we seem to be doing well in recruiting XC / T&F.
  • 90skin said:

I witnessed the state championship race record for Ohio back in 1984. Still stands today.  14:50.2 by Scott Frey of Sandusky Perkins - he went on to Wisconsin.  35 years is a long time.  15 flat isn't far off.  Great pickup for XC.

I believe Scott Fry's 8:46.7 for 3200 m (track) still stands as the all-time Ohio record regardless of class/division. He was also the 1984 Kinney (now Footlocker) National Cross Country Champion. Scott Fry was relatively short and wore 1970s Elton John-like glasses while he ran, but the guy was beast. I heard his top 2 choices for college were Wisconsin and Miami.