Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Comments

• FraggleHawkFraggleHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Smart decision. I wouldn’t want my family away from home with all the uncertainty.

This virus is unique in many ways. We have read about the guess of a two week incubation but they know very little about the shedding process after someone appears to have recovered. They know survivors are contagious after recovering but have no idea as to length of time.

Flying back from the UK a few weeks ago, surprisingly I didn’t notice more use of face masks. Last week to and from Puerto Rico, the same thing. This week I decided to cancel a March trip to Madrid.

Initially they were claiming masks would be if little use but over the last 3 weeks they have done a 180 but it does need to be the correct mask.

I was talking with a colleague near Shanghai yesterday and he told me he is not allowed to leave his home, save for once a week to buy groceries. When he returns there is a strict sanitization process he goes through before entering his building. Colleagues in the hottest zones must buy 3 weeks of supplies and then stay home.
    NYCRedHawkelpalitoMowchDICK
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    Good call not using the face masks. They're useless against it and it's made it hard for medical personnel to get ahold of them for legitimate reasons.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Never hurts to prepare. Dunno about you but I've bought $900 worth of masks at Amazon. Went to Costco yesterday and bought Aisle 11. Took out 10000 in ones and fives from the bank and immediately washed them in the bleachWhen I travel for work I told my boss I will only fly on Allegiant, they don't fly to China, Italy or Iran. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.
    19goSkinsthechuck_2112MooreHawk
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    I suggest you set up residence in our basketball facility as it will isolate you from most of the worlds population.
    Renmancoredhawk11Bash_RiprockJiveHawklaxdaddy19goSkinsJCook32agcthechuck_2112JHVMUFBAlumand 8 others.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum

Never hurts to prepare. Dunno about you but I've bought $900 worth of masks at Amazon. Went to Costco yesterday and bought Aisle 11. Took out 10000 in ones and fives from the bank and immediately washed them in the bleachWhen I travel for work I told my boss I will only fly on Allegiant, they don't fly to China, Italy or Iran. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.
    You bought masks that don't filter viruses because of a virus? Hope you bought razors too because if you buy quality respirators they won't work if you have stubble or beyond. Good to be prepared in case you need to sand some things though.
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    JiveHawk said:

You bought masks that don't filter viruses because of a virus? Hope you bought razors too because if you buy quality respirators they won't work if you have stubble or beyond. Good to be prepared in case you need to sand some things though.
    Was sarcasm fyi. Don't even have a Costco membership!

At this point I think some people are panicking based on fear of the unknown. China has handled this entire thing so poorly under a veil of secrecy that we just don't know if this overblown or something that could seriously threaten the general public.
    Mowch
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    If China can build 2 hospitals in 10 days, why does it take us 30 years to build a new basketball arena?
    redhawk11CAredhawk13
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Our Americas Sales Conference (north and south americas) that was going to be in Vegas in a few weeks was just cancelled :(