Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Everyone Stay Safe, Social Distance But Remain Social!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited March 22 in Miami Memos
To all my friends on MHT, please be safe, keep your love ones safe, and be smart. Social distancing isn't a joke. It is how we will ultimately flatten the curve and beat this thing. Follow the regular CDC updates. In STL we have been ordered to "stay in place" for the next 30 days starting Monday at 6pm. I know some places, like NY, have it much worse than we do. If anyone needs to talk, or whatever, I am always here for anybody and everyone. This board has become an integral part of my daily routine. And I thank the moderators for that. So everyone, be safe, and be well!! 
DICKChrisW1980

Comments

• Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    edited April 6
    You too Blues.
    AORedHawk33muhawkthechuck_2112Redhawks16Quinoaburgerredhawk11ChiefPanicChrisW1980
  • grumpy1grumpy1 Wealthy Alum
    Exactly, @Bluesman. Remember that social distancing also means you can’t go to your friends’ house and hangout and they can’t come to yours. Same goes for family. Isolation means isolation.
    ChrisW1980mollautt
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Prayers for MUHawk84 and the economy. That's what is most important now.
    Bash_RiprockThe_Sackman
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    edited March 22
    My wife and I wish all of you health and safety. Don’t get over confident. We can ride this out. I was going to check on some elderly neighbors by phone as that is what you are supposed to do. My wife reminded me I am the elderly people are supposed to check on.

I actually believe the worst is yet to come, but if we listen up and stay isolated we will not become Italy.

Bless you all.
    DICK
  • Bash_RiprockBash_Riprock Wealthy Alum
    See if your community has a program or foundation to help restaurant workers, hair stylists and barbers, Lyft and Uber drivers, and many others who are being adversely impacted and donate.
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum

See if your community has a program or foundation to help restaurant workers, hair stylists and barbers, Lyft and Uber drivers, and many others who are being adversely impacted and donate.

Yep, if The Donald sends me (us) a check, I am pretty certain to whom I am donating to. My barber lives on the edge in good times. I will find a way to get cash to him.
    Bash_RiprockDICK
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    skin66 said:

Yep, if The Donald sends me (us) a check, I am pretty certain to whom I am donating to. My barber lives on the edge in good times. I will find a way to get cash to him.
    =>I will be supporting the well hit hooker and blow industries.

At this time, street walkers are struggling as the John's demand for sensual pleasure is at an all time low.

Likewise, needle and pipe sharing is not as desired.

Other than in some parts of Nevada, whoring is illegal so the hos cannot file for unemployment. The same applies for your local sidewalk pharmacist.

So if you are going to spend your virus money charitably to help other is need, please think of your local harlots and arachnopothecaries at the time as they have no other government resources to support them and their families.

dave67a26daveQuinoaburgerDICK
  • agcagc Senior Barfly
    mollautt said:

skin66 said:

=>I will be supporting the well hit hooker and blow industries.

At this time, street walkers are struggling as the John's demand for sensual pleasure is at an all time low.

Likewise, needle and pipe sharing is not as desired.

Other than in some parts of Nevada, whoring is illegal so the hos cannot file for unemployment. The same applies for your local sidewalk pharmacist.

So if you are going to spend your virus money charitably to help other is need, please think of your local harlots and arachnopothecaries at the time as they have no other government resources to support them and their families.

I have read (and written) some really stupid things here, but this is by far the number one. It is not even remotely funny.
    Bash_Riprockskin66a26dave
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    And don't forget to check in (remotely) with your elderly family members and friends. This type of isolation can hit them worst of all. And ask if they need groceries!! 
    agcDICKgrumpy1ChrisW1980
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited March 23
    Bluesman said:

And don't forget to check in (remotely) with your elderly family members and friends. This type of isolation can hit them worst of all. And ask if they need groceries!! 

Blues, do you need groceries?   ;)
    AORedHawk33bpat