Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2020 Recruit Jayson Woodrich

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Jayson Woodrich is a 6'7 SF who I brought to the coaches attention. He is from Ohio. Playing at a smaller academy. He averaged 26.1ppg this year as a senior. I learned about him when a SLU booster friend of mine told me SLU had discovered him and Travis Ford was going to offer. Which he did. I then immediately contact one of our coaches to ask why we weren't recruiting a kid in our backyard that SLU knew about. Our coaches to their credit then immediately reached out to him. Problem is we have no spots open right now. Some of us have talked about getting back to the type of player Miami used to recruit-high basketball IQ, good shooter, etc Jayson Woodrich is just that. First time I watched his film, I immediately thought this guy reminds me of Tim Stewart. Same size, same type game. Here is video of him as a sophomore:

Comments

• BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Looks like we lost out on him. Received 8 offers. Miami wasn't one of them. On March 25, after narrowing his choice to Iona (Pitino offered) and Cleveland State, he committed to Cleveland State. 
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Problem is we have no spots open right now.
    I think you answered your own question.

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    We're not exactly a college basketball powerhouse, but if he chose CSU, it's probably no great loss.
  • digitalhawkdigitalhawk Senior Barfly
    Similar situation to Andy Barba. Woodrich had no offers out of Beachwood High, but after a year at a Pennsylvania basketball "Academy", he had a number of them and got his name out there. CSU's fortunes are looking up under Dennis Gates, who has a lot of Florida connections.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    I had forgotten about Barba.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    Dave Burba?
    redhawk11Quinoaburger
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Texas A&M has signed two 4-star recruits. And they have also offered Barba.
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Cleveland State also got a 7 footer from Indiana. Raw but could be pretty good by the time 4 years are up. I wish Miami had looked at him. 
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    bpat said:

Cleveland State also got a 7 footer from Indiana. Raw but could be pretty good by the time 4 years are up. I wish Miami had looked at him. 

Isnt that essentially what Ames is?
    JiveHawkDICK
  • bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    Redsea said:

bpat said:

Isnt that essentially what Ames is?
    Not sure, I just know CSU's is a legitimate 7 footer and athletic enough to run track.
  • BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
    Not sure why the negative comments about Woodrich. He had an offer from SLU and Travis Ford is an excellent recruiter.