Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2020 WELCOME ABOARD JORDAN TUFF!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Coach Hendrix added a new face, Jordan Tuff, a 5'8" guard from Kernersville, NC. She is transferring to Miami after having played her freshman year at UC. She played in 17 games at UC as a freshman and had season highs of 10 points against Ball State and 8 against Miami. Per her UC bio she was the 222nd ranked player in the country as a high school senior and a 3 star per Prospects Nation. I don't know if she will have to sit a year or not. My guess is she does. 

I will say though, that Hendrix is building a very guard heavy team. All 4 of her other signees this class are guards with the tallest being 5'10. I think she needs to concentrate on adding some post players, especially with Savannah now graduating. 

JiveHawk

Comments

• bpatbpat Wealthy Alum
    So, going the Owens route. :)

grumpy1
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    This looks like a good signing.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Bluesman said:

Coach Hendrix added a new face, Jordan Tuff, a 5'8" guard from Kernersville, NC. She is transferring to Miami after having played her freshman year at UC. She played in 17 games at UC as a freshman and had season highs of 10 points against Ball State and 8 against Miami. Per her UC bio she was the 222nd ranked player in the country as a high school senior and a 3 star per Prospects Nation. I don't know if she will have to sit a year or not. My guess is she does. 

I will say though, that Hendrix is building a very guard heavy team. All 4 of her other signees this class are guards with the tallest being 5'10. I think she needs to concentrate on adding some post players, especially with Savannah now graduating. 

I believe we did sign a 6-2 girl from Chicago ( Jada Duckett) in this class.  However, when I looked up her varsity stats, all I found was 3 games in 2 years and a total of 19 points.  Either that is wrong or she is a project.