Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

CONGRATS LA RAMS SAM SLOMAN!!

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
edited April 25 in Football
THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD!! SAM SLOMAN DRAFTED BY THE LA RAMS IN THE 7TH ROUND!! VERY RARE FOR KICKERS TO BE DRAFTED!! WAY TO GO SAM!! 

LOVE AND HONOR!! 
Re6H5wkelpalitodave67MowchLove_and_HonorMacCrackengentbaseball12MooreHawkAORedHawk33DICKand 8 others.

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Yeah buddy!
  • EDDIEEDDIE Wealthy Alum
    Wow!
  • Love_and_HonorLove_and_Honor Wealthy Alum
    Dammit Sam you got drafted by the NFL team I hate the most. Best of luck to him however, I love that we have an NFL kicker now.

Dammit Sam you got drafted by the NFL team I hate the most. Best of luck to him however, I love that we have an NFL kicker now.

Out of 32 teams, you hate the Rams the most? Do tell.
    Spanks004JCook32ChiefPanic
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    He deserved it.  How man kickers were drafted, and who were they?
    Re6H5wk said:

Former St. Louis Rams fan. Stan Kroenke can go suck an egg. Its sad since McVay and now Sloman are Miami men, and I don't/won't root against either of them.

Re6H5wk said:

Former St. Louis Rams fan. Stan Kroenke can go suck an egg. Its sad since McVay and now Sloman are Miami men, and I don't/won't root against either of them.
    Ah. Well I suppose that makes sense.
    edited April 25
    DICK said:

Pats drafted one, and I saw at least one other drafted (other than Sloman)
  • skin66skin66 Wealthy Alum
    Yea Sam!!!
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    edited April 25
    DICK said:

5th Round, 14th pick: Justin Rohrwasser, Marshall (Pats)

6th Round, 9th pick: Tyler Bass, Georgia Southern (Bills)

7th Round, 34th pick: Sam Sloman (Rams)

Rod Blankenship from Georgia who won the Lou Groza award went undrafted but has been signed by the Colts as an UDFA.
    dave67
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    Congrats to Sam. He deserved to be drafted.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    edited April 26
    The Pats could've had him for a decade but they preferred a white supremacist from 66-6ville.
    greggie76mrgredhawkAORedHawk33redhawk11muhawkQuinoaburgerLove_and_HonorelpalitoChiefPanic
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Senior Barfly

The Pats could've had him for a decade but they preferred a white supremacist from 66-6ville.

Oh boy!
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    C’mon now
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum

C’mon now

Is there an inappropriate time to hurl insults at Marshall?
    The Sack will post what he what, and you can't stop him.
    JCook32dave67redhawk11Quinoaburger
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Slammin' Sammy Sloman!
    Professor_Fate
    Re6H5wk said:

The Sack will post what he what, and you can't stop him.

To be fair, he had been drinking.

To be fairer, 66-6.
    grumpy1Re6H5wkLove_and_Honorthechuck_2112elpalitoChiefPanic
  • muhawkmuhawk Wealthy Alum
    I figured there was a good chance Sloman would be in Foxboro. Oh well, that is Belichick’s loss.

Easily the biggest loss for the Pats this offseason.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Just your daily reminder that Sam Sloman was 2nd team All-MAC
    dave67MowchLove_and_Honorredhawk11
  • MUFanSince55MUFanSince55 Summer Orientee
    I'm glad that the Pro Scouts have better eyes than whoever votes on the All-MAC teams.  What is the process for determining the All-MAC teams?   Anybody know?
  • laxdaddylaxdaddy Senior Barfly
    One of the real cool things here for Sam is that I think his first choice would have been to go to Georgia.

I don't think they gave Sam much consideration as they preferred Blankenship.

It has to make Sam feel pretty good that he was drafted and Blankenship was not.

Is there nothing sweeter than VINDICATION?
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum

I didn't understand the white supremacist part until I did a little googling of the kicker...wow
    redhawk11The_SackmanEDDIE

I'm OK with the explanation. He's not a White supremacist. Thankfully.

• QuinoaburgerQuinoaburger Wealthy Alum
    EDDIE said:

Uh... "I accidentally got a prominent tattoo with the symbol of a white nationalist militia and then, after finding out what it was, left it there until the media started asking about it" isn't as great of an explanation as you're making it out to be.
    redhawk11Spanks004grumpy1mrgredhawkGeneDICK

EDDIE said:

Uh... "I accidentally got a prominent tattoo with the symbol of a white nationalist militia and then, after finding out what it was, left it there until the media started asking about it" isn't as great of an explanation as you're making it out to be.
    With those brains I'm surprised he didn't test positive for a diluted sample for accidentally drinking too much water.
    "I have a lot of family in the military. I thought it stood for military support."

He was a teenager. I forgive him. And how many people at that time knew what the symbol was. I never even heard of the three percenters until this story came up.

FraggleHawk
  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    Robin Williams has a story about tattoos

EDDIE said:

"I have a lot of family in the military. I thought it stood for military support."

He was a teenager. I forgive him. And how many people at that time knew what the symbol was. I never even heard of the three percenters until this story came up.

It's much more fun to just say the Patriots Drafted a Nazi.
    EDDIEskin66AORedHawk33Re6H5wkDICK