Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

First Time Poster, Long Time Idiot

IdiotfanIdiotfan Summer Orientee
I'm an idiot!  Chuck Martin told me so!

I cannot believe David Sayler doesn't have the stones to fire this clown.  I will not be buying season tickets as long as that asshole is coaching Miami.
agc

Comments

• Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Thank you for your call.
  • IdiotfanIdiotfan Summer Orientee
    oh...  and David Sayler is a fraud and a liar!
  • Spanks004Spanks004 Wealthy Alum
    Can we block an account? This is going to get annoying like it's not been discussed before.
    mpurdy22
  • I think Chuck Martin is trying to infiltrate MHT.com by posing as Idiotfan.
    Nope.  Just another fed up fan of Miami football.

I would rather lose with another coach than win with Chuck Martin.  He is a terrible representation of Miami University.  The administration should be ashamed.  
    Well then go post in threads where this has been discussed and stop beating a dead horse. It isn't happening. We have at least another year with him, 28 guys are on campus as we speak, we just got our second highest rated commit in the class today, with a few others who could commit this weekend. Let's just hope all the injuries to upperclassmen gave experience to younger guys, who seemed to play really well, and we improve more next year.
    Bash_RiprockDICKdave67mpurdy22
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Idiotfan said:

Nope.  Just another fed up fan of Miami football.

I would rather lose with another coach than win with Chuck Martin.  He is a terrible representation of Miami University.  The administration should be ashamed.  
    You might feel more at home in this thread. Many of us have vented here:
    http://test.miamihawktalk.com/talk/discussion/2700/fire-chuck-martin/p1
    agc
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    I’m with you @Idiotfan! Let him have it!
    The_Sackmanredhawk11
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    Idiotfan said:

I cannot believe David Sayler doesn't have the stones to fire this clown.  I will not be buying season tickets as long as that asshole is coaching Miami.
    The one question I would have for you is are you a current season ticket holder  and if so for how long?  The answer to that kind of validates you not buying tickets.  I certainly understand how you feel, but do not agree with abandoning the program and our players.
    muredhawks22skins
  • muredhawks22muredhawks22 Havighurstite
    DICK said:

Idiotfan said:

The one question I would have for you is are you a current season ticket holder  and if so for how long?  The answer to that kind of validates you not buying tickets.  I certainly understand how you feel, but do not agree with abandoning the program and our players.
    Completely agree with you DICK.
    Let me make sure I have this right....

Chuck Martin calls me an idiot.
    I'm an idiot for being a Miami football fan.
    I'm an idiot if I abandon the players and program.

There is no way around it!  I'm an Idiot!
  • mrgredhawkmrgredhawk Wealthy Alum
    Idiotfan said:

Let me make sure I have this right....

Chuck Martin calls me an idiot.
    I'm an idiot for being a Miami football fan.
    I'm an idiot if I abandon the players and program.

There is no way around it!  I'm an Idiot!
    If it barks it's a dog
    Re6H5wk
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    Take results out of the equation (good or bad). Chuck Martin, the face of Miami football, called Miami fans and media “idiots.”
    This man is still the head coach and face of Miami football.
    That is INCREDIBLE.
    AORedHawk33thechuck_2112JHVMUFBAlumLove_and_HonorJDW
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    AND called the school cheap.  
    thechuck_2112JHVMUFBAlumJDW

The head football coach calls his employer cheap and it gets forgotten. Tells you everything you need to know.

AORedHawk33JHVMUFBAlum
  • Lets move forward- CM certainly has had issues but the focus should be 2019- great recruit class coming in - some excellent talent returning- focus on the positive - continuing to blast CM only hurts our program.
    DICK
    CalOhHawk said:

Lets move forward- CM certainly has had issues but the focus should be 2019- great recruit class coming in - some excellent talent returning- focus on the positive - continuing to blast CM only hurts our program.

Random poster attacking coach on internet message board: hurts program
    Head football coach calls Miami cheap and fans idiots: ?
    redhawk11 said:

The head football coach calls his employer cheap and it gets forgotten. Tells you everything you need to know.

I've talked to a few others off the board. Martin was emotional, we beat OU for the first time in 5 years, he says it how it is. He made a mistake, Sayler talked to him (according to his email to me), he was fired up. Move on.
    DICK
  • RedseaRedsea Wealthy Alum
    Spanks004 said:

redhawk11 said:

I've talked to a few others off the board. Martin was emotional, we beat OU for the first time in 5 years, he says it how it is. He made a mistake, Sayler talked to him (according to his email to me), he was fired up. Move on.
    When given a chance to apologize the next week in his conference call Coach martin chose not to do it. He wasnt emotional then. If fans want to be upset that he called them idiots and the school cheap i think that is within their rights. I think Coach is on the right path in football but you can be respectful too
    skinsredhawk11AORedHawk33RenmancoNescacdadDICK
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    That still boggles the mind.

He basically said sorry, not sorry.
    redhawk11AORedHawk33Love_and_Honor
    CalOhHawk said:

Lets move forward- CM certainly has had issues but the focus should be 2019- great recruit class coming in - some excellent talent returning- focus on the positive - continuing to blast CM only hurts our program.

What hurts the program is that if you google "Google My Name", one of the first thing that pops up is Chuck's horrid press conference.  That hurts the program more than anything.

I'm convinced that Miami athletics could figuratively, and literally, serve shit on a plate to some people here... and they would find a way to sugarcoat it.  
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    When Chuck calls Miami fans idiots, I respect that he knows what he's talking about. This is a man that lost a rivalry game because he forgot to call a timeout with the referee staring at him. 

He obviously knows his own.
  • RenmancoRenmanco Wealthy Alum
    Miami has a fan problem that has been getting worse for years. While winning may help....a little, until there is a concerted effort by everyone in ICA to reach out and do things for fans to bring them on board (or back on board in many cases), this "issue" will not improve.
    Yes, I heard what CM called me/us....and, yes, I was offended....but I've always been willing to turn the other cheek, accept an apology and move on. Not having heard an apology (from CM or any other responsible adult in ICA) I have exercised my 2/3 option: I have turned the other cheek and moved on.
    No apology from the offender. No support from the offended.
    NickskinJHVMUFBAlumNescacdad
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    The fans want to see a winner. Oversimplification?
    skins
  • JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
    Has Jeff Monken (USMA/Army) ever behaved like that at a press conference?
    There is definitely a difference in maturity and behavior between JM and CM.
    CM acted more in line with OK State’s Mike Gundy which just brings bad PR so I can see why people are a bit TO’d. CM is supposed to be a leader and role model so hopefully he will make a better formal apology and learn from his mistakes (hopefully sooner rather than later as he is running out of time quickly).
    I have no problem with acting like Mike Gundy if you are going to have Mike Gundy results.  Chuck has single-handedly lost a number of really, really important games here... and he still has the gall to the fans 'idiots'.  

• JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
    edited December 2018

I have no problem with acting like Mike Gundy if you are going to have Mike Gundy results.  Chuck has single-handedly lost a number of really, really important games here... and he still has the gall to the fans 'idiots'.  

Agree. I meant to add similar sentence, but left it off.
    CM is missing the W’s big time compared with Gundy.
  • skinsskins Wealthy Alum
    The Idiot fans want to see a winner. Oversimplification?
    Fixed that up a bit.
    ;D
    dave67
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum

They also went 6-6!
  • muredhawks22muredhawks22 Havighurstite
    I don't see how Dick asking if you are a current season ticket holder, and if so, how long you have been one is irrelevant?  While I have never met him, I imagine his thought process for the question is... if you kept your season tickets through other coaches (though that shall not be named, Shane Montgomery, etc.) why give them up now?
    Nescacdad