Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

MAC Opponents for 2019 Announced

BluesmanBluesman Wealthy Alum
Home games against Akron, BG, UB, NIU. Away at BSU, Kent, OU, WM.  OOC Tenn Tech on 9/7 at Yager and on the road at Iowa 8/31, UC on 9/14, and OSU on 9/21. 



Comments

  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Tough MAC schedule with OU and WMU on road. Even at home, assume Buffalo and NIU will be challenging games. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but kinda hard to see a path to 7-5 and a bowl game with that OOC and MAC schedule. Sigh.
    JHVMUFBAlum
  • I know it's tough to make schedules work out and we both have permanent crossovers, but it's kind of crazy that we haven't played Toledo since 2011 and we won't play them again next year.
    AORedHawk33MHT_Meme_Team
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum

    I know it's tough to make schedules work out and we both have permanent crossovers, but it's kind of crazy that we haven't played Toledo since 2011 and we won't play them again next year.

    For a guy who lives in Toledo, it is almost like the two schools are not in the same conference. It’s sucks and it is stupid, because there are a lot of alums in Toledo.

  • Professor_FateProfessor_Fate Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Decision making process on scheduling road games at Iowa and Ohio State, in the same season........


    MHT_Meme_Team
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I see us going 3-1 in the home games, 2-2 on the road. 1-3 in OOC is all but a given, which leaves us at 6-6 and likely on the outside looking in again. Will probably have to beat UB AND NIU at home in order to get a bowl.
  • agcagc Off-Campus Slummer
    Top two offensive UB players will likely go to NFL, depending on the quality of our QB, I would say that we do have a chance to beat them

  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Let's just not play next year...saves the heartache of a close loss; saves belly aching about lack of attendance; saves having to post bad takes about the coaching staff; saves lots of $$$ spent on Rolaids;...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. ;)
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

    Let's just not play next year...saves the heartache of a close loss; saves belly aching about lack of attendance; saves having to post bad takes about the coaching staff; saves lots of $$$ spent on Rolaids;...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. ;)

    No. Chuck is getting paid, he's going to do the work.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Wuss ;D
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

    Let's just not play next year...saves the heartache of a close loss; saves belly aching about lack of attendance; saves having to post bad takes about the coaching staff; saves lots of $$$ spent on Rolaids;...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. ;)

    You know, Xavier is undefeated for 45 years . . .

    killgas20
  • richiebrichieb Havighurstite
    edited December 2018
    Not getting the season tickets next year. Have had them since 2000. It’s not like I just can’t show up and find a seat.
  • DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    I posted this would be our MAC schedule next year on a different thread a month ago.  The MAC has been going in two year cycles for the crossover games.  We will always play the 5 MACEast teams plus Ball State is now a protected rivalry.  Thus the only two games unknown were WM and NIU, but I was confident that we would play those two again.  Next year the unknown two will be either Toledo, Eastern, or Central.
    redhawk11Re6H5wk
  • DICK said:

    I posted this would be our MAC schedule next year on a different thread a month ago.  The MAC has been going in two year cycles for the crossover games.  We will always play the 5 MACEast teams plus Ball State is now a protected rivalry.  Thus the only two games unknown were WM and NIU, but I was condident that we would play those two again.  Next year the unknown two will be either Toledo, Eastern, or Central.

    Toledo having BG protected also limits them to two East crossover games, hence why it's been forever. But it's been too long.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    edited December 2018
    Re6H5wk said:

    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I see us going 3-1 in the home games, 2-2 on the road. 1-3 in OOC is all but a given, which leaves us at 6-6 and likely on the outside looking in again. Will probably have to beat UB AND NIU at home in order to get a bowl.

    =>I do not see Miami winning 5+ games in the MAC.  I am expecting 3-5/4-8.

  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I see us going 3-1 in the home games, 2-2 on the road. 1-3 in OOC is all but a given, which leaves us at 6-6 and likely on the outside looking in again. Will probably have to beat UB AND NIU at home in order to get a bowl.

    =>I do not see Miami winning 5+ games in the MAC.  I am expecting 3-5/4-8.

    =>Maybe 5-8/4-9 if we get an extra game against La-Mo.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I see us going 3-1 in the home games, 2-2 on the road. 1-3 in OOC is all but a given, which leaves us at 6-6 and likely on the outside looking in again. Will probably have to beat UB AND NIU at home in order to get a bowl.

    =>I do not see Miami winning 5+ games in the MAC.  I am expecting 3-5/4-8.

    Why is that? I know we're losing Ragland, but I believe we're getting a pretty highly-touted QB? I know our top RB is graduating. What else are we losing? I honestly don't know.
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    Moll goes in with low expectations so he is never disappointed.  Smart man!
    redhawk11Re6H5wkDICK
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

    mollautt said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I see us going 3-1 in the home games, 2-2 on the road. 1-3 in OOC is all but a given, which leaves us at 6-6 and likely on the outside looking in again. Will probably have to beat UB AND NIU at home in order to get a bowl.

    =>I do not see Miami winning 5+ games in the MAC.  I am expecting 3-5/4-8.

    Why is that? I know we're losing Ragland, but I believe we're getting a pretty highly-touted QB? I know our top RB is graduating. What else are we losing? I honestly don't know.
    =>Highly touted?  Slow down there hoss.  

    Gabbard is ranked #43 "Pocket Passer QB" by ESPN.  Not the #43 QB overall, but #43 pocket passer.  There are separate rankings for "Dual Threat QBs" and "Athletes."  This also does not include transfers from JUCOs and other 4 year colleges (including small college kids who are transferring "up" to FBS).

    There are still 42 "pocket passer" QBs ranked higher.  There are 4 recruiting classes (2015-redshirted players, 2016, 2017, 2018) of top 43 pocket passer QBs in the classes ahead of him in age.  Most of them have redshirted a year (even Big Ben redshirted his frosh year at Miami).  So there are about 180-200 or so pocket passing QBs ranked ahead of him in classes 2015-2019 scattered around the 130 FBS college football teams (some may be small school or no longer playing QB).

    Outside of those 180-200 pocket passing QBs, there are all those Duel Threat QBs, Athletes who end up playing QB, JUCO transfers, and 4 year college transfers that will be making impacts in FBS at QB.  

    How much of an impact is a frosh ranked #43 pocket passer really going to make? 
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum

    Moll goes in with low expectations so he is never disappointed.  Smart man!

    =>History has shown the honorable prophet mollautt is rarely wrong.
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum
    mollautt said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    mollautt said:

    Re6H5wk said:

    Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I see us going 3-1 in the home games, 2-2 on the road. 1-3 in OOC is all but a given, which leaves us at 6-6 and likely on the outside looking in again. Will probably have to beat UB AND NIU at home in order to get a bowl.

    =>I do not see Miami winning 5+ games in the MAC.  I am expecting 3-5/4-8.

    Why is that? I know we're losing Ragland, but I believe we're getting a pretty highly-touted QB? I know our top RB is graduating. What else are we losing? I honestly don't know.
    =>Highly touted?  Slow down there hoss.  

    Gabbard is ranked #43 "Pocket Passer QB" by ESPN.  Not the #43 QB overall, but #43 pocket passer.  There are separate rankings for "Dual Threat QBs" and "Athletes."  This also does not include transfers from JUCOs and other 4 year colleges (including small college kids who are transferring "up" to FBS).

    There are still 42 "pocket passer" QBs ranked higher.  There are 4 recruiting classes (2015-redshirted players, 2016, 2017, 2018) of top 43 pocket passer QBs in the classes ahead of him in age.  Most of them have redshirted a year (even Big Ben redshirted his frosh year at Miami).  So there are about 180-200 or so pocket passing QBs ranked ahead of him in classes 2015-2019 scattered around the 130 FBS college football teams (some may be small school or no longer playing QB).

    Outside of those 180-200 pocket passing QBs, there are all those Duel Threat QBs, Athletes who end up playing QB, JUCO transfers, and 4 year college transfers that will be making impacts in FBS at QB.  

    How much of an impact is a frosh ranked #43 pocket passer really going to make? 
    Gabbert isn't even who we care about this season. It's Mayer.
    MowchmollauttDICK
  • Cincykid3Cincykid3 Wealthy Alum
    Correct.
  • mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>As Jive points out, he may not even be the starter. May even red shirt.
  • JHVMUFBAlumJHVMUFBAlum Havighurstite
    Dwayne Haskins to NFL!
    (That makes the OSU game so much easier. Now 2 QBs will be on the field with limited game time experience; plus with Urban gone, we have the Chuck Martin “edge.”)
  • mz343mz343 Senior Barfly
    Ohio St. will still probably be more talented, but Iowa has more coming back from this year's team.
Sign In or Register to comment.