Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly
    I’ve always defended Tomlin to the grave, but not using a timeout once the Raiders got into the red zone is a major strategic gamble that completely backfired. Indefensible. No reason not to ensure Ben has a minute left versus 20 seconds.
  • Re6H5wkRe6H5wk Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

Well... losing to Oakland is a bummer.   They'll have to upset the Pats or Saints now as I think the Ravens will go 3-2 in the last five games of the season. 

Ravens only have 3 games left.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    Re6H5wk said:

elpalito said:

Well... losing to Oakland is a bummer.   They'll have to upset the Pats or Saints now as I think the Ravens will go 3-2 in the last five games of the season. 

Ravens only have 3 games left.
    Yeah, I'm referring to my earlier prognostication.  The Ravens are going to get to 9 wins.  The Steelers need to get there too.
    Re6H5wk
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    I can't see a reality where this defense holds either Tom Brady or Drew Brees to under 500 yards passing each. If we can't stop Keenan Allen or Cook, I shudder to think what Josh Gordon, Gronk and Edelman will do...
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Off-Campus Slummer
    Browns have about 1 to 2% chance of stealing the division.
    moose
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    Chris Boswell is the worst kicker in the league.
  • Browns have about 1 to 2% chance of stealing the division.

Go Browns!
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

Didn’t see the game, but Tomlin losing to Oakland as a double-digit favorite is par for the course.

"Since 2007, NFL road favorites by 10+ points are 60-11 straight up.

Mike Tomlin has 4 of the 11 losses"
    moose
  • This one was outstanding!

This Chargers game ain’t looking good...
    Ho-hum, Steelers facing a must-win at New Orleans.
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    They'll have to get to 10 wins now.
  • Redhawks16Redhawks16 Wealthy Alum
    Knowing the steelers under Tomlin, they'll play their best game today and then blow it next week against the Bengals
    edited December 2018
    Take the Saints -6.5 (!) or the Steelers money line. This will either be a miracle last minute/second win or Saints romp.
    edited December 2018
    On the first and 15th throw in the fourth quarter with nine minutes left, Ginn’s 1st foot hit in bounds but then his first foot hit out of bounds before his 2nd foot hit in bounds. Once again Tomlin doesn’t review a call he could’ve won.
    DICK
    Great call on the fake punt, Mike!
  • TruckCrewTruckCrew Wealthy Alum
    Yeah that was an interesting decision.
  • MUHawk84MUHawk84 Wealthy Alum
    JohnnyMac said:

Great call on the fake punt, Mike!

Good call. Unfortunate result.
    DICK
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Homer refs haven't helped.
    DICK
    The NFL is so predictable that in Pittsburgh gets that pass interference call on fourth down, and then the refs will throw a holding call on New Orleans on first down.
    Why isn’t that OPI?
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    Exactly
    The receiver pushed Haden just as much as Haden pushed the receiver in the first half.
    Tomlin needs to go
    They aren't going to fire tomlin but steelers fans will look back for years and realize how much talent he wasted

They aren't going to fire tomlin but steelers fans will look back for years and realize how much talent he wasted

Totally agree. I already feel that way

• mollauttmollautt Wealthy Alum
    =>You Stiller fans, lemme here you sing, "Here we go Brownies...Here we go."
    Re6H5wkBash_Riprock
    mollautt said:

If the browns still give a shit, they'll give the ravens as much as they can handle. Sadly I cant say this steelers team really deserves a playoff spot
    mollautt said:

Love the Browns! Go Browns!

Bash_Riprock