Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

Game thread for WM?

DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
Not a lot of interest, I guess.

Comments

• DICKDICK Wealthy Alum
    5-1 WM final score.  Miami goal by Phil Knies.  I bought tickets for tomorrow's game a long time ago and I will be in town for the women's basketball game, so I will go. But really, just how far have we fallen?
    redhawk11Professor_Fate
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Does Rico get fired next year without making the tourney? Thoughts?
  • 19goSkins19goSkins Wealthy Alum
    Fire him NOW
  • levellevel Summer Orientee
    It seems Miami cannot compete in the NCHC. According to Saylor’s reasoning for letting Maria go Rico should be next. How to buyout is debatable. I would think there is not much support from hockey alumni.
  • thechuck_2112thechuck_2112 Wealthy Alum
    We’re not the only ones with apathy issues. Here’s Mariucci Arena at the puck drop last night.

https://twitter.com/gopherpucklive/status/1104170695989301248?s=21
  • AORedHawk33AORedHawk33 Wealthy Alum
    College Hockey = money pit
  • Yager07KumlerYager07Kumler Senior Barfly

We’re not the only ones with apathy issues. Here’s Mariucci Arena at the puck drop last night.

In all fairness, it is high school hockey tourney up there.
    mollautt

In all fairness, it is high school hockey tourney up there.
    My roommate had season tickets when I lived in Minneapolis. They never looked like a wasteland on state hockey weekend back then.
  • dave67dave67 Wealthy Alum
    As I stated previously, the likes of UM, BC, BU, MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, MSU, and possibly NDak, , Notre Dame will miss the cut for the tourney.
    Some of those haven't been there in a while. All of them are bastions of hockey greatness. The playing field in college hockey is leveling. We shall overcome. I bet Rico has a plan. I'm renewing my season tickets, so should you!
    Redsea
  • NYCRedHawkNYCRedHawk Off-Campus Slummer
    Where’s his plan been the last 5 years?
    dave67 said:

As I stated previously, the likes of UM, BC, BU, MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, MSU, and possibly NDak, , Notre Dame will miss the cut for the tourney.
    Some of those haven't been there in a while. All of them are bastions of hockey greatness. The playing field in college hockey is leveling. We shall overcome. I bet Rico has a plan. I'm renewing my season tickets, so should you!

redhawk11
    Rico better have plans to call United Van Lines.
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    Down 5-0 in the second.
    Fuck it, pull the plug.
  • yanksalexyanksalex Wealthy Alum
    dave67 said:

We've made the tournament once since 2014 I think. Where has the plan been?
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum
    He has a plan, its just a bad plan.
    Pack your bags, Rico.
    6-1 final.
  • MooreHawkMooreHawk Senior Barfly
    edited March 2019
    I don't see a point in firing Rico unless there is a very clearer better coach that could take over which I'm not sure there is. That said there needs to be a drastic improvement next year.
    JCook32
    We finished in last place! Huzzah!
  • elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    MooreHawk said:

I don't see a point in firing Rico unless there is a very clearer better coach that could take over which I'm not sure there is. That said there needs to be a drastic improvement next year.

If the known is bad, it's better to opt for the unknown. 
  • gentbaseball12gentbaseball12 Senior Barfly
    redhawk11 said:

The plan appears to have been to been to say “Brotherhood” three times in the mirror and hope Andy Green and Jeff Zatkoff reappear in Miami uniforms.

redhawk11thechuck_2112AORedHawk33
  • moosemoose Wealthy Alum

redhawk11 said:

The plan appears to have been to been to say “Brotherhood” three times in the mirror and hope Andy Green and Jeff Zatkoff reappear in Miami uniforms.

I’d trade both for Jonesy.
    redhawk11thechuck_2112Professor_Fate
    moose said:

redhawk11 said:

Possibly my favorite Miami athlete in my 11 years of being a Miami sports fan. That’s saying something considering hockey is barely on my radar now.
    Professor_Fate
    redhawk11 said:

moose said:

redhawk11 said:

Possibly my favorite Miami athlete in my 11 years of being a Miami sports fan. That’s saying something considering hockey is barely on my radar now.
    Great flow.

JohnnyMac said:

redhawk11 said:

moose said:

redhawk11 said:

Great flow.

Incredible lettuce

redhawk11 said:

JohnnyMac said:

redhawk11 said:

moose said:

redhawk11 said:

Great flow.

Incredible lettuce

Strong salad.
  • rexjack53rexjack53 Wealthy Alum
    Team is over matched weekly 
    JohnnyMac said:

redhawk11 said:

JohnnyMac said:

redhawk11 said:

moose said:

redhawk11 said:

Great flow.

Incredible lettuce

Strong salad.

Sad to see the All Hockey Hair Team video come to an end.