Welcome to Miami Hawk Talk!

This website is a fan-operated and fan-oriented site primarily about athletics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

This website is not affiliated with Miami University, the Mid-American Conference (MAC), the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) the NCAA, or any other collegiate or professional organization.

2018-19 Columbus Blue Jackets Thread

Comments

• elpalitoelpalito Wealthy Alum
    My comments in the cannon are gold. Or at least very convincing pyrite.
    The_Sackman
    Korpi in net against the Pens. Welp. Maybe the team will play better defense in front of him.
  • The_SackmanThe_Sackman Wealthy Alum
    elpalito said:

Korpi in net against the Pens. Welp. Maybe the team will play better defense in front of him.

Kinkaid made more sense but going with Bob made zero sense so whatever. I'm prepared for the national TV embarrassment. 
  • dudis41dudis41 Senior Barfly

elpalito said:

Kinkaid made more sense but going with Bob made zero sense so whatever. I'm prepared for the national TV embarrassment. 
    Indeed. Oof.
  • It's sad Korpi had a pretty good game last night but couldn't get help from his teammates.  

It's sad Korpi had a pretty good game last night but couldn't get help from his teammates.  

Korpi was good. The rest of the team was flaming hot dogshit. 3 goals in the last 4 games...nice. At least the Canadiens lost.

We have to be the only team in the history of the sport that can't figure out how to even score (let alone beat) Matt Murray and Jack Johnson.
    Monkey = gone
    Jackets = BACK
    Cup = lock of the century
    elpalitoMHT_Meme_Teamredhawk11
    We suck again. The Islanders and Tommy Grease are garbage yet we can't figure that obvious fluke out to even score one goal. Better get at least 4 out of 6 points against Boston, Canes, and @ Boston or pray that MTL loses the rest of their games.
    MHT_Meme_Teamredhawk11

We suck again. The Islanders and Tommy Grease are garbage yet we can't figure that obvious fluke out to even score one goal. Better get at least 4 out of 6 points against Boston, Canes, and @ Boston or pray that MTL loses the rest of their games.

We're back to Cup favorites IMO. I would prefer that Bread actually produce offense instead of fighting majors though.
    MHT_Meme_Teamredhawk11
  • We suck again. The Islanders and Tommy Grease are garbage yet we can't figure that obvious fluke out to even score one goal. Better get at least 4 out of 6 points against Boston, Canes, and @ Boston or pray that MTL loses the rest of their games.

We're back to Cup favorites IMO. I would prefer that Bread actually produce offense instead of fighting majors though.
    porque no los dos?
    Pretty decent scrap against a much bigger guy. 

How about Foligno forgetting to get on the ice?
    It's great to see Bob play like that. What a stud. Give him the night off now. He deserves it.
    Korpi was good tonight. 1st line still invisible
    elpalito said:

Korpi was good tonight. 1st line still invisible

Glad to get a point. Yeah, I don't know what the hell is going on with that top line. All of them have been invisible recently. 
  • JohnnyMacJohnnyMac Wealthy Alum
    If you guys are “going for it” this year, you might want to actually start, you know, going for it.
    MHT_Meme_TeamChrisW1980
    JohnnyMac said:

If you guys are “going for it” this year, you might want to actually start, you know, going for it.

That would require scoring goals. No thanks. 
    MHT_Meme_Team
    Gotta say... Torts and the team are certainly going for the 'worst possible' outcome side of the ledger.  And the sad part is, Torts is probably back next year no matter what.
    elpalito said:

Gotta say... Torts and the team are certainly going for the 'worst possible' outcome side of the ledger.  And the sad part is, Torts is probably back next year no matter what.

Davidson's mustache and Quenneville's mustache would be a great start for an all CBJ re-make of Tombstone.
    Who plays Doc?
    elpalito said:

Who plays Doc?

Emrick

Pittsburgh won, Carolina won, and Montreal won. Kind of a worst case scenario for the BJs tonight.
  • redhawk11redhawk11 Wealthy Alum

elpalito said:

Davidson's mustache and Quenneville's mustache would be a great start for an all CBJ re-make of Tombstone.
    Always thought those guys looked exactly the same.

JohnnyMac said:

Pittsburgh won, Carolina won, and Montreal won. Kind of a worst case scenario for the BJs tonight.

Doesn't really matter. We're going to lose the rest of our games.
    Gigantic one tomorrow night. This season has been frustrating but no one deserves some success more than Foligno who has just had a terrible season off the ice.
  • ChrisW1980ChrisW1980 Dodds God

Gigantic one tomorrow night. This season has been frustrating but no one deserves some success more than Foligno who has just had a terrible season off the ice.

In my opinion, this game against Montreal is the biggest game of the season.  If they beat them, I think that their chances of going to the playoffs are much enhanced.  If they lose, I think the hopes of the playoffs are pretty much out the window, although still mathematically possible. Agree with you, Sackman, about Foligno.  A class guy who has our thoughts for sure.

In my opinion, this game against Montreal is the biggest game of the season.  If they beat them, I think that their chances of going to the playoffs are much enhanced.  If they lose, I think the hopes of the playoffs are pretty much out the window, although still mathematically possible. Agree with you, Sackman, about Foligno.  A class guy who has our thoughts for sure.
    MTL closes with arguably the four best teams in the league (Peg, TB, Nash, and Tor). They will be underdogs in every one of those games. 
  • hawkattack06hawkattack06 Off-Campus Slummer

MTL closes with arguably the four best teams in the league (Peg, TB, Nash, and Tor). They will be underdogs in every one of those games. 
    Saw that. MTL schedule is brutal and Jackets schedule isn’t terrible. But is the NHL similar to NBA where playoff teams start resting players down the stretch? Will Tampa be trying to win when they have nothing to play for?
  • JiveHawkJiveHawk Wealthy Alum

Saw that. MTL schedule is brutal and Jackets schedule isn’t terrible. But is the NHL similar to NBA where playoff teams start resting players down the stretch? Will Tampa be trying to win when they have nothing to play for?
    No. Teams don't want to do anything that could impact chemistry going into the playoffs. Hockey is a streaky sport and you don't want to take yourself out of a streak and go into a rut. And Tampa can win out to set the record for most points in a season.
    JiveHawk said:

No. Teams don't want to do anything that could impact chemistry going into the playoffs. Hockey is a streaky sport and you don't want to take yourself out of a streak and go into a rut. And Tampa can win out to set the record for most points in a season.
    Yeah, they might rest the studs for game 82 but I'd guess they stay full throttle the rest of the way.